A new day

Anna opened her eyes. Birds chirped. The sun came in through her blinds. Fall season indeed.

The kind of behavior that happens later in the day.

Anna jumped out of bed, realizing the time on her clock.

SHIT IM LATE!

Quicker than quick, she grabbed a sweatshirt and pants and flew down the stairs. Running so fast, Anna didn't see that her pants caught under her left foot. And down she fell. In a tumbling mess, Anna fell down 10 stairs with hair and clothes flying everywhere. Landing on the final stair, something snapped.

Pain flew up into Anna's brain immediately. Immense pain. Pain too forceful and tough to bear. She screamed. Her father ran into the room and looked around to find Anna laying on the ground, her foot bent in an L formation.

"Oh fuck, Anna WHAT THE HELL! What happened- never mind, let's get your ass into the van!"

Anna's father reached down to gather up Anna, who was still screaming. As soon as he lifted her off the ground, her head fell limp. Her father looked down to see no response.

"Anna! Anna! ANNA!"

He put Anna down, and immediately put his two fingers to her throat.

A pulse was still there.

Anna's father let out a sigh of relief. She only went unconscious from the pain. Quickly gathering Anna once again, he headed for the door. Kicking it open with his foot, he ran for the car. Anna was sat in the back of the van, the seats were pulled down to resemble a bed.

Her father didn't stop for anything. This was the one time in his life he cared for the bitch, only because her mother would kill him if anything ever happened to Anna. He wouldn't be doing this if her mother didn't get the damn job, started today and didn't wake Anna up on time.

Anna's father ran his third red light when suddenly blue and red lights appeared behind them. Seeing no other option, he pulled over. He looked back. Anna was still unconscious.

A hefty police officer walked slowly over to the window. He had something in his mouth, gum maybe? Anna's father lowered the window and put both his hands on the steering wheel.

"Officer, my daughter may have broke her leg or something. I need to get her to the hospital now."

The officer looked in the back of the van. Sure enough, there was a girl with her one leg at an angle.

He looked back at Anna's dad. Quickly getting his keys from his pocket, he responded.

"I'll give you an escort. The poor girl looks pretty bad. Hold on one second."

The officer walked quickly back to his car. With one swift motion, the car swerved around Anna's car. The red and blue lights came on again, except this time, there was a loud siren associated with it as well. Anna's dad started the car and put the car into drive. Following the cop car was easy.

In less than 10 minutes, they were at the hospital. Nurses and doctors ran out of the hospital with a stretcher. Two doctors grabbed Anna and set her on the bed, strolling her away into the hospital.

Anna's dad followed. He stared at Anna's leg, which happened to be sticking out of the side of the stretcher. He wondered if she will ever be able to walk on that leg again. It was bent just below the knee, right in the middle. Bent outward. Just like an L.

A doctor stopped him.

"I'm sorry sir, but you cannot go past this part."

"What do you mean? That is my daughter!"