Chapter 13

Lacey's POV*

We got to the beach at around 2:30pm. We saw Carla and Laura waiting outside the beach.

Carla was wearing a green cropped top and blue shorts but you could see the black bikini under the shirt. She was wearing a sun hat.

Laura wore her orange bikini top with cutoff shorts. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she was wearing her sunglasses.

In other words, they looked hot.

They were already holding their towels and Carla brought a picnic basket. How I hoped there was pizza in there.

I ran up to them and gave them each a hug.

"You look smoking, Lace!" Laura exclaimed.

"Me?! Look at you guys!" I opened my jaw for emphasis.

"Okay, okay. Everyone looks hot. How 'bout me?" Tyler came bringing our towels because I left him when I ran to the girls. He spun in front of us slowly, flexing.

We all laughed at him and hung out for a while, waiting for Andrew and Frank.

When they came, we all went in the beach together. Andrew and Carla hand in hand. Laura and Frank hugging. And Tyler's arm was around my shoulder. I placed my sunglasses in front of my eyes because well... it was sunny. What other reason do I have to wear sunglasses other than because it's sunny?

Some eyes followed us as we walked. Probably because the guys were actually incredibly hot. I mean c'mon! Frank played basketball, Andrew played football, and Tyler? Well Tyler played both of those sports.

We found a space and laid down our towels.

"Hey!" I turned to see a tall, muscular, tanned, blonde dude smiling at me as I was flattening my towel.

"Uh, hi...?" I stood up and placed my shades on top of my head again.

"I'm Chet," he held out his hand to me.

"I'm Lacey," I shook his hand and smiled.

"You're very pretty, Lacey." He grinned at me.

"You're very... buff, Chet." I laughed.

"That's a blow to my self confidence," he pouted.

"I'm kidding. You're pretty cute, actually." I laughed.

"Thanks. So, uh. You wanna hang out sometime?" He asked. There was absolutely no trace of under confidence.

"I'm hanging out with my friends right now." I gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Oh sure! I didn't mean NOW. Maybe I could get your number...?" He asked.

"I, uh... no. I'm sorry. I'm not really interested." I said.

He stared at me. "I'm sorry, come again?"

"I said I'm not interested. Sorry," I gave him a small smile.

"Oh! Yeah, sure. It's fine. I'll, uh... go now." He looked taken aback. He probably wasn't used to girls turning him down. He hesitantly turned around and walked away.

I took off my cover-up and shorts and walked over to the two umbrellas that Andrew put up. There were three chairs already under the big umbrellas.

"What did Buff McBlonde want?" Tyler asked when I walked passed by his towel, which was beside mine, by the way.

"Do I hear a twinge of jealousy there?" I teased and continued to walk to the umbrellas.

He groaned and stood up, following me. "Seriously what'd he want?"