1.

Albi

"Albi, did you see the lunch I made you?" My mom screeched from inside the bathroom as she hustled to get her daily make up on her face.

"Uh.." I trailed off as I reached the kitchen to look for a paper bag of some sort that would hold all of my food for lunch. I only managed to find my Thomas the Train lunchbox from 2nd grade sitting on top of the coffee table, crammed with food.

"Yeah, I found it." Without complaint I pried it open and began looking for something else to put all of is contents in.

"No time to look sweetheart, if we don't leave now we'll be late," Mom stated as she rushed me out of the door and into our small grey mini van.

Today I would finally be starting my freshman year of high school. I couldn't decide if I was more excited or anxious, I mean, what do I have to be excited for? I didn't have any friends to talk to, let alone anyone I knew. I usually just kept to myself.

Whilst being stuck in my thoughts for who knows how long, I hadn't realized my mom has been talking to me this whole time.

"...and I'm sure you will make many new friends. Oh!" She took a pause to grab my hand and squeeze it a few times, "I'm so proud of you Albi, darling."

"It's ok Mom, it's just my first day of high school." Even as I said those words I realized how nervous I really did sound. Who would I meet? Would I get bullied? Would I even get to meet people my actual age since I was taking advanced classes? Will things even change for me just because it's a different grade? Who knows.

As she pulled up to the small circle drive at the front of the parking lot, my Mom pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you." My cheeks went a bright shade of pink as I saw the other kids walking past giving me looks and giggling.

"Okay mom gotta go!" I rushed to unbuckle my seatbelt as I jumped out of the car door. Just as I thought I had gotten away, I hear my mom calling my name. I turn to see her waving that dreadful lunchbox out of the car door. A small crowd was now beginning to share laughs as they witnessed the whole scene.

Not being able to handle any more embarrassment, I ignored my mom and walked right into the double doors of my brand new school, wanting a fresh start but not quite getting what I wanted.

As I made my way to my first class, I passed by a group of guys who were laughing loudly and obnoxiously. One of the boys seemed to be telling a joke as the rest of them circled around him. He was wearing a bright blue shirt and had flat brown hair with a bit of a spike at the tip.

"....so I told her, I don't need night vision, I H4CKED MY G4MMA!!" Was all that I caught when I passed the group of guys, who let out a roar of laughter as soon as the guy finished speaking.

What did that guy just say? Ha-forked my Ga-forma? What kind of language did these people speak?

"Hey! Fresh meat!" I prayed to God they weren't talking about me, but just incase, I began to speed walk to rest of my way to class. Just as I reached the door to Calculus I quickly glanced behind me to see that I was in fact the one they had referred to when they called out "fresh meat". They were practically on top of each other trying to get to me. I let out a small squeal and ran to my seat at the lab tables.

The whole group shared disappointed glances and I watched as the majority of them split off to other classes but one of the boys stayed, one of the younger ones. He came strolling right to my desk, only to take the seat right next to it. If I hadn't been staring at him the whole time I probably wouldn't have been able to realize he was talking.

"You should have just gotten it over with while you could have, but now Hova'll be after you specifically. Maybe the whole year." The boy who was speaking had a pretty toned down voice with a twinge of squeak in it, he seemed pretty reserved and quiet as he sat with his hands stuffed in his sweatshirt. Speaking of his sweatshirt, it looked like it had the image of a Minecraft slime printed on the back of it.