2.

Speedy

The van being one more person cramped than it already was was weird. Jahova made his way to DQ while everyone continued their own side conversations.

"So, your name is Albi?" I asked as I turned and examined the timid freshman. He nodded his head.

I heard Shadow sigh from behind me, which wasn't anything new. I looked through the rearview mirror to see D4 and D20 wrestling in the back, with g18 excitedly getting it on tape. The one thing that was unusual was how quiet Joel was being.

"Yo, Joel, something on your mind, bro?" Jahova beat me to the question.

"Well.." Everyone went quiet as he began, seems like everyone noticed something was up with him too. "Megan has been going to lunch alone at her house and I just.. I don't know, she invited me over today. It's like an hour long guys."

"OH SHITTTT FELLER, get the kitty get the kitty get the kitty!" Deluxe began to yell as he bounced up and down in his seat. D20 joined him but quieted down after a little while.

"Jahova can you drop me off at Megan's? I just.. You know. I really like her anddd...." NobodyEpic continued nervously.

"Damn Joel, it's fine if you want to fuck your girlfriend instead of hanging out with your best friends. I mean, I'm not with my girlfriend right now." Jahova turned around a little recklessly and made his way to Megan's house instead.

"You used to ditch us for her and make us walk to that shitty pizza place across town, dickweed," Shadow accused Hova.

"Shut the fuck up Shadow. It's like you aren't even here half the time. Why don't you figure out your smoking problem before you come after me," Jahova shot back.

I began to feel awkward, it was like I could feel the tension in the air. I felt like I needed to break it up.

"Alright guys, calm down. Joel wants to fuck his girlfriend, cool. You did used to ditch us Hovie, it's fine. And yes, Shadow is trying as hard as he can. Jesus Christ on ice skates can everyone just calm the fuck down," I told everyone breathlessly.

The whole van was silent as we dropped Joel off and then made our way back across town to Dairy Queen.

"Sorry guys, I just wish we wouldn't fight all the time about stupid shit," I stated with a pained expression.

Jahova glanced over at me and saw how serious I was about the subject. The crew did argue/fight often. A lot of it was jokes and teasing but some of it really did hit the other guys pretty hard. For example, Shadow's smoking problem. He had been smoking since I had first met him, which was when both Shadow and I had been in 7th grade and Hova was in 8th.

It's weird because the three of us had been the ones that knew each other the longest, but lately, Shadow and Jahova go at each other all the time.

D4, D20, and G met each other at a private school that Joel transferred to when he was in 8th grade.

We only official became "the crew" when Jahova, D4, and Joel were freshman and the public school I attended consolidated with the private school.

There used to be this super funny kid that was my age. His name was Jordan but we usually called him legion. He was definitely in the crew at one point in time but he moved away when I was a sophomore.

I'm currently a junior along with Shadow and D20. Hova, Deluxe and Joel are all seniors, while G18 is the youngest as a sophomore.

And then there's this new kid, Albi? What are we going to do about him?