Chapter 1: Approval

[Diary Entry]

Monday, 6:40 a.m.

On my way to morning practice. I want to get there early and get some extra practice in before hand to burn some extra calories, AND show him my commitment . I only had an 80 calorie yogurt and a black coffee for breakfast. Gotta stay fit for my man.

[End]

I quickly entered into my cell phone/diary before changing up for practice. I went to get a ball from the storage room.

Locked. Surely there's one behind the bleachers.

I got on all fours and peeked under the metal bleachers.

Nothing but dust, dirt, and crumpled papers.

Okay, in the bleachers then.

I walked all up the pathway, looking side to side as I slowly passed each row.

No ball.

Tell me, how is it that the locker rooms are unlocked, but the supply closet isn't?!

"Eren?" I heard a sweet, rich voice say.

The voice of my dark angel.

I turned to see him, standing at the gym entry with the same, beautiful but emotionless face he always had.

"Eren, what are you doing?" he spoke again.

In return for gracing me with his presence, I always put on the cutest, can-do attitude possible.

"Good morning, Coach Levi!" I waved from the bleachers with the smile I practiced in my bathroom mirror every day. "I decided I should show up a little early today and get some extra practice in, but the supply closet was locked, so I thought a ball might be stuck up here." I explained with high enthusiasm.

"Good work. You can never practice room much. I'll unlock the closet for you." he said.

He approved of me! Yes! Exactly my goal!

I'll practice like I'm warming up before nationals!

I ran and dribbled and shot even through my teammates arriving, all of which simply changed clothes and then sat on the bleachers chattering and texting. I was so focused that it shocked me to hear Levi's voice again.

"Boys!" he snapped. I froze in midair and damnnear fell on my face (thank the stars Coach had his back to me). The only sound after was my ball going hitting the net and bouncing away, accompanied by my sneakers sliding into place. The other boys made no noise whatsoever. I don't even think they were breathing.

"You should be following Jaeger's example. This is basketball practice, not the social club." I'd never seen my teammates look disheartened or scared.

"New rule, from now on, when you get here, you're shooting hoops and dribbling across the court. I don't care if you get here at 6:30 sharp." Without even seeing his face I could detect a stern look from Coach Levi aimed directly at Reiner, the team captain.

He walked away without even looking at me, but I knew he was proud of me, and he made it known to everyone.

Practice started at 7:15, and I was exhausted from a 35 minute warm up combined with the consequences of a breakfast only calorically fit for an infant. Even so, I couldn't be more pleased. I lived for basketball practice every day, where my only two loves combine.. basketball, and more importantly,

Levi.