Filthy Rich(ie)

I found myself in a booth across from Richie as we stared at each other.

Richie was the first one to talk. "Why here?"he asked looking around. I replied with a question that had been bugging me ever since I saw him.

"How did you now where I was?"I asked crossing my arms.

"Well I might have paid your lovely mother a visit."he explained innocently. I glared at him, I knew I should have warned my mom in case something like this happened . "What do you want?"

"I-I just want to explain why I did it."he told me. "It was obvious why you did it, I was rich and you weren't, I was popular and you weren't"I said shrugging. "No,"he shook his head with hurt in his eyes."That's why Nikki and Cole did it."he clarified.

"The reason I did it was because they threatened me."

"Threatened you? With what?"I asked.

He sighed running his hands through his hair. "Remember Collin?"he asked. I nodded. He was Richie's uncle with crooked yellow teeth, greasy hair and crazy look in his eyes.

"Well he ran into some trouble with some drug dealers and was looking for somewhere to hide out. I asked Cole if he could help me out, with his Dad being a cop and everything and he did. When he came up with a plan to hurt you I immediately refused to help but he told me if I didn't Collin would be thrown out,"he explained messing up his hair repeatedly."I-I really didn't want to hurt you but family comes first."he told me shaking his head.

I thought about what he just said, I was so naive back then, when I had met Collin I would have never thought he would be on drugs but thinking back now with the look in his eyes and the way he swayed, I would say he had been high right there, right then.

"I know what I did was wrong and I just wanted to come back here and tell you that I didn't want to do it. I hope one they you'll be able to forgive me."he told and started to slide out of the booth.I grabbed his arm.

"I'll forgive you right now-"

"Really?-"

"...if you tell me what exactly was the plan to hurt me, I want to know all the details seeing as you two are best friends."I told him.

"Were Amira, were best friends."he sighed."Fine I'll do it, but don't you have to get back to work?"he asked.

I snorted. "Just talk."

"Well where do I start....oh em When Cole's Mom died-"

"C-Cole's Mom died?"I asked utterly surprised. Richie nodded solemnly. I sucked in a breath. Naive, I was so naive, so stupid, so ignorant.

"Yeah and that's when he decided to help out his dad and start working so he could pay for college. He worked really hard and he didn't let anyone get in his-well you know that already so I don't need to tell you. Then his house got robbed-"

"He got robbed?"I asked in disbelief. Richie grimaced and nodded.

"He did, all his savings towards college were in jars under his bed and they were stolen, all of them. That's when Maggie started talking about that promotion. Cole was so happy and he was sure he would get it, he worked really hard for it. But then you got the promotion. Before that he had never paid any attention to you but once you took away "his" promotion he didn't take it lightly.He hated you with everything in him."Richie explained.

"You know it's funny, I expected you to start from when I got the promotion, but instead I find Cole's mom died and he got robbed. How could I have been so stupid and naive? How did I not know my boyfriend's mother had died?"I asked shaking my head.