Jonah's Surprise

I arrived at Kaitlyn's at ten even though she had told us to come at seven, there was no way I was waking up that early for anything. I packed the dress I would be wearing and some pumps.

I rang the bell at the gate of her house and waited. "Hello?"said a voice, probably one of her maids.

"Hi, it's Amira, Kaitlyn's friend."I answered. There was a click and gate began to slowly open and stopped half way so I could slip in. As I reached the house a maid was at the door with the door already open. She told me the guys were in the living room and I headed over.

Once Kaitlyn saw me approaching she stomped over. "Why are you here so late?"she asked with her hands on her waist. I rolled my eyes. "Nice to see you too Kaitlyn." I replied walking past her."Hi guys."I greeted. Eli looked up and then his eyes widened and he almost fell over a balloon on the ground.

"Are you okay?"I asked confused. He shook his head and grinned. "Just haven't gotten used to you smiling ."he explained. I rolled my eyes again while everyone else laughed. "Hey Princess."Jason greeted winking pausing from putting up fairy lights. I smiled at him, again thankful for my darker complexion so he couldn't really see my blush. "Hi Amira!"Natalie exclaimed running over and giving me a hug. "Look at that smile."she said grabbing my face and squishing it.

"Natowlie Stwop!" I said prying her hands off my face. She giggled at went back to blowing up balloons with Eli. "Balloons? Is this party for a eight year old or an eighteen year old?"I asked kicking a balloon in front of me.

"Your never to old for balloons! Anyway I was just going use them to decorate the room."Kaitlyn defended. "Jonah's turning eighteen? I could have sworn he was actually turning eight."Jason commented causing everyone to chuckle.

"Now. Amira we've basically got everything done- no thanks to you-but we still need to invite some more people from our school to the party. I've basically invited all my friends, I just need you to call up all your kind."she said handing me the phone. "All my kind ? "I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Everyone who isn't popular, duh."she answered .I glared at her. "I really hate you some times Kaitlyn." I sighed looking down at the phone." But I don't like talking to people."I groaned realizing what I had to do "That's exactly why I left this job for you."she smirked sauntering away.

"One I'll really hurt that girl, one day."I muttered shaking my head at her back. "Don't be so violent Princess."someone I knew was Jason said from right behind me. "Oh come on like everyone wasn't thinking that."I said not turning around. I picked up the list of names and phone numbers Kaitlyn had also left and began to key in the first number. "Why does she even have this?"I asked. Jason looked over my shoulder at the list. My heart started beating faster as I realized just how close Jason was.

"......or something."he finished. "Huh?"I asked not even aware he had been talking to me. "I said I think she got them of Facebook or something."he said chuckling,"What? Are you day dreaming about me again?"he asked. "I was-I have never-what?!"I said jumbling my words, I didn't know what was happening to me. I couldn't remember the last time I had been so flustered because of a boy.Jason let out a hearty laugh his breath on my neck. I blushed again looking down.

"By the way I can tell you're blushing."he whispered in my ear before walking away. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Still blushing I turned around and called the first person on the list."Hello?"

*******************************

I sighed hanging up the phone. I had finally finished talking to the last guest, I had relocated to the kitchen since everyone was watching TV to pass time by.