Hunting Down Clues

Cas sat up in bed, rubbing furiously at his eyes. He hadn't seen Dean Winchester in two days. Two days. That's a pretty long time, considering that Dean basically was head over heels for him. Cas wasn't sure how he felt... Do I like him? What am I supposed to say after that night...?

Cas swung his legs over the side of the bed, tugging at the sheets that were tangled around his ankles. He took one swipe through his hair before throwing some clothing on; a simple pair of kaki pants, and a gray sweater vest with a blue tie tucked underneath.

Cas started to walk but stopped with searing pain in his toe. He looked at the object he stubbed it on. It was a plastic container with a note taped to the top.

Cas, do you know what adventure is? Come seek it with me. Go to the diner, skip school, live a little <3
~ Dean

Cas tore the note off and shoved it in his pocket. He gently opened the top of the plastic container, seeing a single pen. It was silver with a ring of gold. In it the letters; C.N. were etched out. Cas slipped the pen inside the plastic container once more.

He grabbed a box under his bed and pulled it out. Inside lay a leather satchel that his older brother, Gabriel had gotten him just before Cas went to college.

He felt the soft material between his fingers, and opened the pack. He stuffed two water bottles in it, his sandwich that was supposed to be for lunch at school, a fruit roll up, his wallet, phone, and the plastic container with the pen inside.

Looking himself down, Cas realized that if he wasn't going to school, he didn't really need to dress up. He threw on a white tshirt and put a gray sweatshirt over top, but didn't change his pants.

Cas closed the door behind him as he walked out, excited, yet nervous, for what's about to happen. He quickly took a detour away from the school and down the side walk towards the diner. The bell rang on the door and a familiar face looked up.

"Hello Castiel!" Mel smiled at him over her glasses. "Are you grabbing breakfast before school?"

Cas panicked a little, not knowing that the old lady would know whether he was skipping school or not. "No.. Uh I'm- I'm waiting for someone... H-He left his studying book at my house and I needed to give it to him. He said he'd be here."

Mel smiled at him and shook her head. She waddled over to him and grabbed his hand in her soft, wrinkly hands. "I know you're skipping school. I know that boy known as Dean is taking you somewhere." She whispered in Cas' ear. She slipped a piece of folded up paper into his hand and winked before walking into the kitchen.

Well done Cas, you've skipped school! Now that you're onto the right track, go to the toy shop. Trust me okay?
~Dean

Cas groaned. A scavenger hunt really, Dean?! Cas trudged out, but kept a good mindset. He wondered down the street.

"Where the hell is the toy store...?" He murmured to himself. Cas tried following directions but ended up by a park. It was in the middle of a bunch of stores so Cas started scanning the names, looking for something that looked like a toy store.

Ace's Toys crossed his vision and he pumped one fist in the air. By now he was running. He felt free now, having fun, the thrill of trying hard to find something was quite entertaining.

He stepped inside the double doors and a man smirked at him. Cas guessed he was in on the hunt so his waved at him. Looking around the store, Cas stumbled into an isle where sitting in the middle was a pink and white bear. It held a little note card that said Cas in bold letters.