Common Interests

A/N in case you guys were wondering ariana grande plays as jasmine. i really hope you guys guve this story a chance. Warning : this is both a fanfiction and a story

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"175?" I asked to clarify his address.

"175," he smirked, "right next door."

I knew I would regret asking but... "Which room is yours?"

He didn't even answer he replied with "which one is yours?" I pointed to the room with the balcony on the side of the house.

"See that balcony? That is where my room is." And his response made me regret everything I just asked...and answered.

"Well my room is the one with the balcony facing yours then." He smiled. "I was trying to figure out which room I should move into, now I know."

I think I was about to cry. "Seriously?"

"Seriously." He answered.

I started walking away to get inside my house. "Bye Vince."

"Bye Jas oh and by the way," I turned around, "your welcome for the ride" he then winked at me.

I went inside my room. "Jasmine? That you?" It was my brother, Trevor.

"Yeah Trevor it's me!" I yelled walking into my room. I grabbed my sketch pad and went on the balcony.(hoping to dear god Vince won't be there)

So I went on the balcony where I always drew and there was no sign of Vince which was a good sign. I started drawing a girl at a grave that said "rip" that's all and I colored in the grave stone. The girl was kneeling over the grave crying and a ghost was hovering over her watched the girls sheading the tears.

The whole thing was about me. It was my moms grave. My mom died in car crash a little less than a year ago and I was still crushed but didn't talk about it, I simply just drew about it, I guess.

Then I hear this noise on my balcony and I realized while deep in my drawing that Vince just hopped from his balcony to mine. So I screamed.

"HOLY SHIT VINCE YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!" he started laughing, that jerk.

Then Vince has my sketchbook...OH SHIT! I MUSTVE DROPPED IT WHEN HE SCARED ME!

"You draw?" Vince asked with curiosity in his eyes.

"Maybe, yeah, I don't know, JUST GIVE IT BACK!" He looked at my latest drawing.

"What's this? A girl at a grave and the ghost above her...brilliant! Who's this about?" He seemed interested. But Vince didn't seem like the type to be interested in anything.

"Nobody," I was getting a little red I could feel my cheeks heating up,  "you seem super interested...do you draw?" His eyes lit up.

"Hell yeah! I draw all the time! My dream is to be a tattoo artist." I looked at his shirt.

"Twisted Ink?" He looked super happy right now and to be honest it was super adorable how excited he got talking about this. But then he got sad. I was confused.

"Twisted ink is a shop back in North Carolina that said they would take me in when I'm old enough to become a professional tattoo artist. But then we moved." I felt bad his dream is to work there.

"Well did you check out any tattoo parlors here?" He looked even more sad.

"Yeah but none of them liked my portfolio. Twisted ink was the parlor I wanna work at and Ted wanted me."

Confused on who Ted was I had to ask, "who's Ted?"

"The owner of twisted ink." He looked like he was about to cry so being the nice and loving person I was I had to comfort him.

"When you graduate high school next year you can go back to North Carolina. And you can achieve your dream." He smiled at me but it was a sad smile.

"Maybe, I don't know." And then I did the one thing I wish I didn't have to do. I hugged him for comfort and support and he hugged me back.

"Jas?"

"Yeah." I was worried on what he was about to say.

"I know I come off like a jerk and a bad boy, and a full of himself shithead. But that's just a reputation. That's not the real me."

"I just met you so I can't exactly agree right now but once I get to know you, I'm sure you're right."

He pushed away from the hug and furrowed his eyebrows. "You actually will take a chance on getting to know me?" Before I knew it I answered.

"Yes."

*A/N okay short chapter but I just wanted to put in the chapter about their common interest in drawing and their hug and how they basically are getting closer. Next chapter will most likely be up by tomorrow or the next day. Hope you enjoy this fan fiction I really do. 💜