Curtain Call {17}

A.N.: I'M SORRY FOR THE DELAY my laptop is broken so I have to update off mobile so the format is probably shitty. Also idk what this chapter is??? I wanted to rewrite it but had no motivation to plz don't hate me forever okay here you go

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​I walked into my house and my dad looked up. He had been nervously pacing the kitchen, and I went over to him.

​"I talked to his parents. Naturally, he tried to deny it. But he dug himself a hole by trying to backtrack and change what he was saying too much," dad said. "His parents are scared we're going to press charges."

​"We're not," I said, hating how weak my legs felt. "I just don't want him to do it to anyone else."

​"I told them that's what you said. They promised to handle Jake. I think they wanted to send him here to apologize to you. I told him to stay away from you," he said.

​"Thank you," I said. I didn't need Jake to come ruin the small ray of joy I'd discovered amidst the storm.

​"Alexander..." I had never seen my father in so much agony before.

​"Dad," I said gently, putting my hand on his arm. "Dad, it was 3 years ago. There was no way for you to know what was happening. I hid it from you and mom. Please don't blame yourself."

​He pulled me into his arms, a hug so tight I thought my bones might break. "I love you Alexander. Your mother and I love you so much." He stroked my hair, the way he used to when I was a little kid. "I tried to keep my temper. I failed at it, but I did try. I've never hated someone so much in my life. That fucking scum."

​"Hey, now," I said, easing myself out of his grip. "Don't let mom hear you talking like that. You know she hates when people curse."

​Dad seemed unable to stop eyeing me. "Did he ever hit you?"

​"No," I said. "I told you everything, dad. I promise." Well, everything about Jake, at least.

​He grabbed his wallet and handed me $20. "Why don't you go to the movies? Get your mind off of things. Bring a friend. Have fun."

​"Thanks," I said.

​He reached out and squeezed my shoulder. "You're brave, Alexander. I hope you know that. I hope you know that your mother and I love you. I hope you know you're a good kid."

​I might argue you with one or two of those things, but I just nodded and smiled at him. I left the house, calling Scott.

​"I'm sick of you," he said as he answered.

​"Get outside. I'll pay for you. Jurassic World," I said.

​"You just want to break my heart with those poor raptors," Scott said and hung up.

​I pulled up to his house and waited until he climbed into my car. I took out my phone and texted Bennett and Toby, letting them know we'd be at the movies if they wanted to come. After a second thought, I also texted Neo.

​I backed out of Scott's driveway as he plugged in his phone. He began to blast music, nodding his head along with it.

​"Don't blame your death on the shit in your head that you claimed ate you like a virus for days on end," he sang along.

​"Hey, Scotty," I said.

​"Don't interrupt me. I feel this song deep in my soul," he said. "I WATCHED YOU DECAY, WATCHED YOU WASTE AWAY. WHO'D YOU THINK YOU'D FOOL BABY, DIGGING YOUR OWN GRAVE?"