Chapter Thirty-six. Can I Come Too?

This one dedicated to Denice35.  You've enjoyed your sweet tea over the months reading this, and given me inspiration without even realising you did.

Sang walked in the back door of her Grandparents' house and breathed a sigh of relief as she dropped some shopping bags on the kitchen counter. Mrs D and Gabriel needed to be kept apart she decided, as she kicked her shoes off. They would be an unstoppable force if they ever got together and no one would survive.

Sang's inner musings came to an abrupt halt as Luke, North and the Chief rounded the corner into the kitchen all discussing what to cook for dinner that night. Mixed expressions of relief, curiosity and satisfaction flitted across their faces as they watched Sang kick off her shoes, expressions which turned to slight concern as they noted the tiredness in her eyes.

Reacting first Luke stepped forward and hugged Sang close. "How was your day, Cupcake? Have fun?" he asked before North and the Chief could get a word in edgewise.

Sang relaxed and giggled softly. "Actually, it wasn't too bad. Shopping didn't really take too long and Mrs Poulos made afternoon tea." Sang stretched her neck as she picked up her shoes and grabbed her bags. "Mr D and I got through a whole lot of paperwork, and he gave me a couple of cards for the Sunstone account. Someone else will need to sign paperwork so they can access the funds too, with the second card."

"Geez, I'm beat. Can we talk about it later?" she continued before anyone could talk, looking at Mr. Blackbourne. "We're not doing anything tonight are we?" Sang almost mumbled, trying not to yawn.

"No, Pookie. A quiet night in is just what the doctor ordered." Sean interrupted, as he walked in with Victor. "Victor and I thought we would help cook dinner." He continued cheekily, smirking around the room at the horrified faces.

"There's no need, Sean," Sang headed off the trash talk before it could even start. "I got up early and cooked chicken cacciatore. The vegetables are prepared and in containers in the second refrigerator as well. All that needs to be done is to boil the potatoes and mash them. Job sorted."

Sang's grin turned almost wicked as she prepared to leave the room. "I'm sure you can sort out dessert though. Do you remember how to make pavlova or profiteroles? There's fresh chocolate sauce and whipped cream tucked away as well," she smiled happily, before giggling uncontrollably at the look on North's face and making a quick exit.

Sorting through the bags Sang pulled out the white long sleeved shirt Mrs D had found with matching drawstring pants. The gold embroidery around the collarless neckline had flowers and hearts entwined heavily with leaves and vines. It really was perfect for the Salt Ritual she was going to perform on the Solstice. Sang had left the calico bags of salt with Mrs D, who had promised to drop them at the cemetery for her.

All she needed to do was carve the candle she wanted to use and pack the rest of the things she needed in the leather pouch worn under the tunic style shirt. Sang had engrained the procedure in her mind, and she wasn't leaving any room for error. Paying formal respects to her Grammy and Grampa was too important to her for mistakes to be made, she thought as she put her crystals into the pouch, attached the ceremonial blade to the outside and packed it all carefully away before having a quick shower and running back downstairs just as Gabe came looking for her.

Gabe grinned to himself as he went looking for Sang. Things always seemed right when his Trouble was around. It was about time he told her that, he thought as Sang grabbed his hand and promptly dragged him back up the stairs and into her room. "Trouble. Things are always brighter when you're here. You do realise how much I, well all of us to be honest, need you right?" he asked, as he watched a little confused when Sang went to her closet and dragged an old guitar case out from the very back of it. "What the fuck is that, Trouble?"