Chapter 2: I Need A Doctor To Bring Me Back To Life

"Dr. Dre?? Yeah of course I've heard of you man! Thank you so much for giving me a chance to impress you!" I replied excitedly, still unable to believe that I was talking to Dr. Dre. This is the type of opportunity I'd been waiting for. Maybe I finally had a shot at getting noticed. I heard him laugh from the other end of the phone and realized we had been sitting in silence for a couple minutes.

"...so? When are you comin' to the studio?" He asked me. I could tell he was trying not to laugh at how excited I was. Shit, when was I going to the studio?? I couldn't drive there since Kim stole my fucking car, and there's no way I could afford planes tickets.

"I uh...I don't think I can afford to..." I mumbled solemnly.

"No problem, we've got you all covered. With the info you gave us when you sent in your demo, we've got you booked on the next plane out here." I was astonished.

"Woah, thanks man I really appreciate it, but I would have to bring my daughter too and-"

"Two first class plane tickets it is then. Don't worry, we've got you all covered, there's a hotel booked and everything. All you gotta do is show up!" He chuckled warmly from the other end of the phone.

"Okay, I'm in. When's the flight?" I asked, hoping it would be sooner than later so I could get Hailie and I out of this goddamn trailer as soon as possible.

"Be at the airport at 9am tomorrow. Someone will be there to greet you when you land, and they'll drive you straight to your hotel."

"Okay, we'll be there. Thanks for everything." He started laughing yet again.

"So thanking me so damn much! I'll see you tomorrow Mr. Mathers."

"Okay, bye..." I hung up the phone and sat down shakily on the piece of shit couch in the main section of the trailer. I can't believe it. I finally found someone who will give me a chance to prove myself.

"Who was that daddy?" I looked over at Hailie who had been patiently standing there throughout the whole conversation. I smiled at her.

"That was a very special person who's going to make our lives better. We're going to go visit him tomorrow, and he's going to listen to me rap. If he likes it, then we'll finally be able to live somewhere nice. Wouldn't you like that Hailie baby?" Her eyes lit up.

"Yes daddy, I really would!" She sat down on the couch with me.

"You're going to ride your first plane tomorrow! The man we're visiting is far away from us and we need to take a plane to get there." I explained to her, unsure of how she would react.

"I GET TO RIDE A PLANE??" She squealed, hopping off the couch and jumping around the trailer. I laughed.

"Yeah baby girl. But we have to get up a little earlier than we usually do." She immediately stopped jumping and looked at me, slouching her shoulders and pouting.

"But daaaaddddyyyyy..." She moaned, sitting on the ground in front of me. "Then I'll be tired..." I scooped her up in my arms and brought her into her bedroom.

"That's why it's time for you to go to sleep! We've got a big day tomorrow!" I said while tucking her in. "Goodnight Hailie."

"Night night daddy." She whispered, half asleep already. I smiled and turned on her little night light, then turned off the actual light. I stepped out of her room quietly closing the door behind me. I laid down in my own bed, the last thought that crossed my mind before I drifted off to sleep being that I would finally get to meet Dr. Dre.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I doubt anyone is even reading this lame little fanfic but if you are, thank you, and I'm sorry for the new chapter being so late :/