Chapter 3: I Loved You So Much It Hurts

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"AHH, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?" I screamed, coming out of a half-sleep very alarmed. I whirled my head around and saw the alarm clock, which had been beeping loudly on my dresser. I swore and slammed my fist down on the off button. The laundry hadn't been done in a while, so I threw on the only clean thing I could find: a bright yellow jumpsuit.

"Hailie!! Time to get up!!" I turned on the stove and found some eggs in the fridge. I put a pan on the stove as I looked towards Hailie's room, noticing the door was still closed. "Hailie baby, come on!" I shouted, the only answer to my shouting being a soft groan. Sighing, I put the eggs in the now somewhat heated pan and walked down the small trailer hallway into her room. I opened the door just in time to see her quickly pull the covers over her head and pretend to still be asleep. I smiled and slowly crept over to the bed. I whipped off the covers and started tickling her. She immediately broke out into a fit of screaming and laughter, clawing at my hands with her little fingers.

"DADDY!! DA- DAD!! S-STOP IT!!" She yelled through her laughter, still attempting to slap my hands away. I stopped tickling her, but not because she asked me to.

"SHIT." I yelled, running out of her room into the kitchen. The smell of burning eggs filled my nose and I quickly whipped the pan off the burner so it wouldn't burn anymore. I inspected our breakfast. Since I couldn't even tell that the black pile of crumbs had once been eggs, I threw them in the garbage. 20 minutes later, I was hurrying Hailie out the door with our suitcases in hand, promising her we would stop at the IHOP in the airport. Just as Dre had promised, there was a cab waiting outside the trailer. I loaded our luggage into the trunk and hopped into the backseat with Hailie. After having made sure Hailie's seatbelt was done up properly, I fastened my own as the driver started up the cab and pulled onto the road.

"I don't have to sit in a car seat this time?!?" Hailie exclaimed. I looked down at her, thinking about the events of last night.

"You should be sitting in one, but mommy took it with her."

"Oh." We both grew quiet. I had always known deep down that things with Kim weren't going to work out, but I never thought it would hurt this much.

A little while later, I looked over at Hailie and noticed she was fast asleep, her faced pressed up against the car door. Feeling my own eyes starting to grow heavy, I leaned my head against the window and gazed at the scenery as I drifted off to sleep.

---------

I am so sorry it took me so long to upload, hopefully the next chapter will be completed a lot faster! To whoever is actually interested in this shitty lil fanfic, thanks for reading :)