Chapter 1: Complications

Hi, I'm Danny Edge. I'm in this little youtube band with my best friend Paul Zimmer. He's great. I think I may even like him, but I'm trying not to think like that because what if he doesn't like me? And what would my family think? I'm just trying to push those thoughts out of my mind. We have so much in common though; we both like music, and singing and NUTELLA! Our obsession with nutella started only a few months ago. We've shared our love of nutella with our fans. Tweeting about it, taking pictures with it, and even making videos with it. We soon got a bunch of fan mail with plenty of nutella. 

We were sitting in Paul's family room, watching TV."Yo, pass me another jar of nutella, Danny." Paul shouted across the room. I did as he told me to and he caught it with one hand. He's perfect. No Danny, stop. You don't like him like that. he's your best friend. I shook my head and sighed. "Haha, well if you didn't want me to have it you could've just said so." Paul said. "It's not that." I said, looking at the chocolatey gooeyness in my nutella jar. 

"Then what is it, man?" Paul said, furrowing his eyebrows. I raised my head and flashed him a smile. "It's nothing. I'll be all right." Paul sat up in his seat and looked at me with his piercing green orbs. "You know you can tell me anything." he said. "It's not that. I don't feel well," I lied. "I think I'm going to head home." I pushed myself up off the seat and Paul did the same. "Need a ride?" He asked. "No thanks, man. I need some air." And I walked out the door.

My house isn't too far from his, only a couple of blocks. I ran up the steps to my house and opened the door. I locked the door behind me and continued to walk down the hall to the family room. That's when I saw my mom passed out on the sofa with the TV still on. I turned it off for her, layed a blanket across her, and kissed her on the forehead. 

I tiptoed to the stairs and started making my way to my room. I shut and lock the door and start taking my shirt off. I throw my shirt in the corner and pull on some basketball shorts and crawl into bed. Turning on my phone, I see I've got a text.

:)Paul: Hey, I hope you feel better dude. Too much nutella? ;) hah.<3

I know it's silly, but the heart and the winky face made my heart flip. He's too cute. And he didn't have a clue what was really going on. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I think I'm in love,and  I don't think I can deny it anymore. I close the text and turn on my music and I slowly fall into a deep sleep.