Nowhere |Prologue|

"Zayn what is this?" Mum waved the piece of paper in my face as I tried to ignore her and go back into my peaceful sleep.

"Zayn?"

"Zayn."

"ZAYN JAVAAD MALIK DONT MAKE ME BEAT YOUR ĀSS!"

I roll my eyes turning over in the bed before sitting up and looking at my mum.

"What?" I ask yawning, her face scrunches up in disgust.

"You need to brush your teeth, it's twelve Zayn. School started four hours ago"

"I'm not going" I simply tell her already wanting to go back into my dream land.

"Well you still need to get dressed"

"Later"

"Zayn what's this? I found it at the bottom of your bag"

My eyes squint at the paper she's holding in my face.

It was a permission slip to go on that stupid school trip that everyone wouldn't shut up about, especially Louis and Harry. Fāggots.

"I'm not going, therefore I didn't need to show you"

"Yes you are Zayn"

"Mum, no I'm not."

She glares at me before picking up a pen from my desk.

"I think you are"

"You can't make me go, it's like two weeks without technology, it's bad enough you made me go to that stupid summer camp. I'm not going anywhere but back to sleep okay?" I don't wait for her answer before burying myself back in my duvet.

It's peaceful for two minutes and I think mums left but I'm wrong.

My covers are pulled off of me and I groan before glaring at my mother.

"I am sick and tired of your attitude Zayn! How would your father act if he was still here? He'd be disappointed in you Zayn, your grades are dropping you barely hang out with your friends anymore. What happened to Niall, Louis and Harry-"

"Niall's been out sick for a month and I don't hang around with gay people, that's bad for my image."

Mum laughs and looks at me in disbelief.

"Your image? Zayn you're in your second last year of school. You won't have an image, you're going to end up homeless if you don't start acting like a normal teenage guy, you're always cooped up in your room on your phone or laptop. You barely leave to go to school, you don't do anything."

I close my eyes tightly, just wishing all this yelling would stop.

"Zayn, your father would have hated to see you like this. You know how heartbroken he'd be to see you like this. Zayn your fathers death didn't just affect you, it affected us all but that doesn't mean you have to put up an act like this, please just do this for your father"

I look at mum and see tears stream down her face. My heart aches to see my own mother like this.

I don't say anything to her leaving my bed and making my way towards my bathroom.

Before I enter I look back at her and she's watching me.

"I'll go on the trip"

I've just made the biggest mistake of my life.
This is going to be the worst trip ever.

-

"Dad can I go, please?"

"Liam I don't know.. You know we're in such a bad situation now"

Dad sighed glasses perched on top of his nose and going through bills.

"Dad, I'll be like the only one in my year not going"

"Liam I'm trying to provide for you and your sisters, but I have to pay for the house and hospital bills"

"Dad after the trip I'll get a job, Ruth, Nicola and me we'll put money together and then mum can get better"

I have this all planned out in my head. It'll be okay.

"Liam 200 dollars is a lot.."

"But Dad it's for two weeks, it's for food, rooms, the activities everything"

"I guess we can try and get a loan or something" dad gives me a small smile and I grin wrapping my arms around him.

"Thank you Dad, you're the best"

Dad just made the greatest decision of his life.
This is going to be the best trip ever.

[A/N] Okay! That was the prologue, hope it wasn't shït. They've both got family problems, well doesn't everyone.. Can we get this to 4 votes and ten reads for chapter one?

•Edited•