Sleep

Ling stood outside of the palace. The night air was cool and refreshing. He sighed and sat down. Lazily he threw a few rocks.

The crisp night air made everything seem still. The only light was from the full moon that sat above him. He glidded his finger around in the dirt, doodling.

"Okay Ling," he spoke to himself, "Tomorrow your gonna tell LanFan. Your gonna tell her you love her.."

"Young Lord?" The ragged voice he heard made him jump and shiver. Slowly he turned and stared into LanFan's tar eyes. "Oh LanFan hi there!" He stammered blushing darkly.

"Young Lord you should be sleeping." LanFan spoke softly stretching her arms back.

He gazed at her, her dark hair was down and messy from sleep, she had a black night gown on that brought her tar eye's out even more.

"So should you, LanFan." Ling spoke standing to his feet, "Why're you awake at this hour?"

LanFan looked down. "I just had a dream about GrandFather...." She spoke softly.

LanFan looked up and Ling locked eyes with her sorrowful one's. He felt his heart lump in his throat and he swallowed deeply.

"It seems everynight when I'm alone in my room all I'm reminded of is my mistakes. I don't want to have another night of that. I don't..." LanFan's voice was shaky and it was obvious she was crying.

She fell to her knees and continued sobbing. "When i close my eyes all I see are the things I've done wrong. I don't want to go through that anymore. It hurts me so much Ling!"

Ling was surprised at her using his name and gulped. "LanFan."

LanFan emediently snapped out of her "tantrum" and stood. "I'm sorry young lord. You should go sleep soon.." She said turning and beginning to walk into tue palace.

She was stopped by Ling's soft hand grabbing her own. He pulled her into a hug and she melted into it.

*****

They where wrapped in eachothers embrace. Ling felt her soft breathing against his chest and he smiled. He kissed her forehead and she snuggled up against him. He pulled the covers over them and fell asleep while murmuring, "I love you.."