Chapter 1 { Picture of Mia }

Three months later.

I woke up with a loud knock on my door. Jake, doesn’t like to see me sleeping peacefully. I got out of my bed and stretched, I looked back at my bed longingly, should I just crawl back under the sheets? No school, damn it. It’s been only a day since it started and I was glad that the summer was over. This summer was terrible for me and I just wanted the school to start so it would give me a reason to get out of my bed for a change.

I quickly showered, pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and went down for breakfast. Jake was making pancakes for me, he doesn’t like them, and he is crazy. It was his duty to make breakfast seen I cooked dinner and did all other house work, even his laundry. He placed a plate in front of me and sat with his bowl on the chair opposite me.

I took a bite of my pancake and grinned happily. “These are nice; you should make them more often.” I spoke with my mouthful.

He smiled and sat there quietly observing me. “What? Why so quiet?” I asked suddenly. It’s not usual for my bother to sit quietly for more than two minutes.

“I…uh…are you ok? After everything I just…” he trailed on. I know but I have tried so hard to act normal around him and I thought it was working.

“I am fine. Pass me some coffee.” I said trying to change the topic. I am not alright, I feel like crap but he worries about me too much its better not to tell him anything.

He nodded and passed me the kettle he had set on the table. We ate our breakfast in silence and then left for school. Jake put on some music which I am not a big fan of and we drove to school. It hardly takes 20 minutes for us to reach. I got out of the car and looked around to find my best friends. I saw Emily and Josh standing near Em’s car talking, I said bye to Jake and walked towards them.

“Hi.” I said to them and they smiled. Emily gave me a quick hug and we started talking about the project next week.

They were talking and I just nodded or replied when they asked me anything otherwise I stayed quiet. “How are you feeling? Ok?” Emily asked all of a sudden. She and Josh were looking at intently.

God, I can’t even keep quiet without being asked this question. It's so irritating. “I am fine. Will you all stop worrying? I am ok stop looking at me like this.” I said angrily and walked inside the school.

I reached my locker, removed some books and slammed the door shut. I don’t need people giving me sympathetic looks just like Emily and Josh were doing. They asking me ‘you okay’ and all it does is makes me remember things I don’t want to. I walked outside and sat on my favorite bench near the ground. It was at the far end, most of its view was hidden due to trees around the ground.

I hate this, I thought coming to school will keep my mind off him but it reminds me even more. I sighed and put my face in my hands and groaned. I shouldn’t have removed my frustration on Em and Josh they were just trying to be well good friends. I hope they not mad at me for shouting at them it was not their fault.

I have been trying and trying to be like I used to but it’s not that easy. Even if I am able to put up a brave act in front of my friends and Jake, I can’t ignore the fact that I am hurt, depressed and alone than I have been before. It’s just too much too take; I don’t know how long I am going to be able to put up with this and for how long.

I heard footsteps and I froze. I looked up slowly and a smile spread across my face and I stood up. I saw him walking towards me with a sly smile on his face; his hair was messy like it used to be it was longer now and fell on his forehead. He was wearing a simple white t-shirt and jeans. God, I have missed him so much more than I expected. I forgot he was coming back today. He stood in front of me just little space between us. I threw my arms around Aiden’s neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me off my feet making me giggle. He wiped the tears off my face with his thumb; I didn’t even realize I was crying.