Chapter 3

I got up on my own today with a pounding headache. Jeez, I shouldn’t have cried before sleeping my head hurts. I might be ready earlier than Jake today for a change maybe I should make breakfast for us today. I showered quickly, pulling on a pair of black Capri and a green printed shirt. I let my wavy hair flow over my back but straightened my fringe. My fringe always looked nice when straightened but I am too lazy to do it every day. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs but Jake was not even in the kitchen.

I made eggs and toast leaving some for Jake too. I sat on the counter, I was about to take my first bite when Aiden walked in looking like a supermodel and suddenly I didn’t want to eat anymore. I hate Aiden so much looking always cute with his stupid amazing blue eyes and annoying smirk. I sighed who was I kidding? I totally found him attractive but then again who wouldn’t? He took a seat next to me drinking juice from my glass then stole a toast from my plate.

“Hey, make your own. That’s mine.” I said angrily. He rolled his eyes then licked the toast and slid it on my plate. “Ewe…gross. You can have it.” I said pushing my plate towards him.

He picked it up happily and started munching on it. “This is unusual, you are ready before us. Speaking of the devil, where is Jake?” He asked looking at his watch.

I shrugged. “I don’t know. He is never late might be sleeping.” I answered. After I am done I should go and see if he is awake.

Jake walked in still in his pajamas. His looked horrible his hair was all messy, he had bags under his eyes and his nose was red. “Jake, are you alright?” I asked as he slumped on a chair opposite mine with a groan.

I got up and passed him a bottle of water. “What happened? You were fine last night.” Aiden asked. He actually looked a bit worried.

Jake took the bottle and drank half of it in one go. “I think I am sick.” He finally replied. I wanted to roll my eyes at him off course he was sick.

“Really, I couldn’t have guessed.” I said sarcastically. He sneezed loudly not once but thrice. Boy, he is in bad shape. “I am going to call Aunt Carrie.” I said.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called her. “Hello, Aunt Carrie. How are you?” I asked after she answered.

She is my dad’s youngest sister who happens to live just a few blocks away. When Dad is out of town she always comes by to keep a watch on us. Her son Jerry is the cutest seven year old, he lifts up the whole room. I asked her if she could get some medicines for Jake and some soup too. She agreed instantly and told me she will take care of him.

“What did she say?” Jake asked when I got off the phone. He was sneezing and my breakfast plate was quiet close to him.

I pulled it way slightly but off course Aiden noticed and shook his head. “She will be here in an hour or so. Do you want me to wait till she comes?” I asked digging into my eggs again.

“No, you go ahead. I will be fine. Do me one favor though.” He said and I nodded. “Give a box of tissues, I am all out and hot cup of tea or coffee. I would like some eggs too.” He concluded.

“Give me five minutes ok. Good thing I got up early today huh.” I added. I finished my breakfast in record time. I made tea for Jake, served him breakfast and handed him a box of tissues.

Aiden was telling Jake about not worrying about schoolwork or something. What a nerd! I thought to myself. We left for school leaving Jake alone; he assured us he was fine. The ride to school was silent; we sat quietly listening to music. Once we reached we parted ways, I went to Emily and Josh and Aiden wandered off towards his big group of friends. He told me to wait by the car after school.