Chapter 10-Familiar

Picture of Alaina and jay at the top

Ariel

It was my second day back in the house. Everyone else was still asleep but I got up just to walk around. I missed this house so much. Everything about it. Even though I'd been gone for almost 11 years I still knew this house like the back of my hand. I walked into the living room and just looked around at all the pictures. They still had the table that daddy had custom made when he first bought the house.

I got on my knees looking at all the picture that were inside of the table. I smile and cried at everything. I felt like I missed so much. I got up and was about to leave when I saw a sparkly ball on a stand. I walked over to it and saw that it had my name it in. I picked it up and shook it. It was so pretty. I wonder who's idea was this.

When I say it back on the stand I jumped at the sound of a voice.

"Couldn't sleep?" Mommy said.

I smiled. "No. I just wanted to walk around the house. I'm glad you guys didn't change much." I said rubbing the ball.

"Yea we didn't really want to do anything to extra let alone change anything. Like your room....we haven't been in it since a couple of weeks after the incident. Li still goes in it but we don't." She said.

"It's still the same?" I asked looking down and playing with my fingers.

"Yes it is....you want to go look?" She said. I was hesitant but I nodded.

"Come on on baby." She said.

"Wait....who's idea was that?" I asked pointing at the ball.

"Me and Li's...we wanted something in remembrance of you and she was playing with a ball you guys use to plays with while we were think about it. I got the idea of the ball from that and she could add whatever else in it. When you shake it you can see the sparkles, the word sister floating around. Flowers and butterflies. But you name stays in place. I picked the colors black pink and purple and midnight blue for it. With it being marble t worked out good."

"Yea..it did." I said smiling. I grabbed her hand and we walked back up the stairs. When we got to my room I slowly pushed the door open. My toys were still everywhere. My jacket that I took off rushing out the door when mommy was calling for me, it was still on the floor.

[Flashback]

Kennedy

"ELIANNA COME ON!! YOUR GOING TO MAKE GRANDMA LATE!!!" I said coming up the hall. I pushed her door open. "Ariel why are your toys everywhere baby?" I said putting my hands on my hips.

"I was playing with them mommy."

"Baby grandma has to check into the hotel at 1:00 you have to go. I have to go pick up your dress now come on. Your bag is down stairs." I said going out the door. "Come on." She ran towards me taking off her jacket throwing it behind her. She rand down the stairs.

"GRANDMA!!!" She yelled

[Present]

I walked in looking around at everything. Literally everything was just how I left it. I sat down on my small bed.

"What are we going to do with it?" I asked.

"Well you could either give it all to charity." She said leaning against the door frame.

"That's fine."

"We can have your room ready by the end of next week."

"That'll be good."