Chapter 14

MARK POV

I ran around town looking for Hye Mi. Where could she have gone? I walked passed the park and saw a girl on the swings. I walked up and sat on the swing next to her.

"Excuse me miss, have you seen a pretty girl around here? She's got big beautiful brown eyes but she's terribly short"

She chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came to get you"

"I can't go back. Jb's mad at me" she looked at the ground.

"He's not mad at you. We found out that Krystal was lying and kicked her out"

"Still... He didn't believe me" She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

Then he's not worth it...but maybe someone else is. I wanted to tell her that so badly.... but I can't. She loves Jb and he's my best friend.

I kneeled down in front of Hye Mi.

"Hye Mi, you have no idea how much Jb loves you. He would spend all day talking about you. Last week, he spent an hour talking about how you couldn't decide what ice cream flavor wanted." 

I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Her eyes widened and I could see her start to blush. She turned her head hoping I wouldn't notice.

"I almost forgot.... here" I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small box.

HYE MI POV

"I almost forgot.... here" 

Mark reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. It was pink and had a white ribbon on top.

"It's a late birthday present" he said and gave it to me.

I opened the box and saw a pair of earrings. They were gold and shaped like little music notes.

"They're beautiful but..."

"Do you not like them? I can get you something else. Maybe a necklace or something?" he started freaking out.

"Ani, I love them... It's just that... I don't have my ears pierced..." I got embarrassed.

"Mwo? You've never gotten them pierced?"

I shook my head.

"Do you want to go get them pierced?" he asked.

"I do but I'm kind of scared. I want someone to go with me" I said hesitantly.

"I'll go with you"

"Jinja?"

"Of course. Then you can wear the earrings I got you" he said with a smile.

"Komawo...for the earrings. Oh, by the way this is for you" I gave him a bag.

"I was gonna wrap it and give it to you later" I said.

He opened the bag and pulled out a black snapback that said TUAN in white embroidery.

He smiled. He pushed his hair back and put the hat on backwards.

"How do I look?" He did a cool pose.

I laughed.

Damn. He looks hot. I knew that hat would be a good choice.

"You look cute" I replied, "I saw it on my way here. To be honest, I was having trouble figuring out what kind of gift to give you. I know it's really basic and if you don't like it-"