What is mating?

Marshall lost himself in his thoughts and the questions he asks himself. "Will Chase even agree to it? And how should I ask him? Hey Chase, do you want to mate with me? Most likely I'll have to explain it to him... Maybe..." "That was hilarious!", a voice appears and a sudden pressure on his shoulder, which was one of the German Shepherds paws, "This cat was so stupid! And that women on the trampoline was just priceless!" He seems to be pretty amused right now as he wipes a tear away and tries to finally pull himself together. But the picture in his brain of the woman falling through the trampoline is just way too funny! "Oh look! I can do it! I can do it! I can", Chase tries to act like the woman in the video and even tries to talk in her very light voice, followed by a loud bang he produces by slamming his other paw on the desk. This sudden sound surprises the Dalmatian off-guard and he screams loudly, much to the police pups surprise. He focuses his glimpse on the white pup next to him as he tries to locate the source of the loud noise he just heard but without success.

"What was that?", he asks his brownish pal, who raises his paw and mimes the same move he did before but this time he stops before his paw hits the wooden table-plate. Marshall watches the paw and widens his eyes as he understands what happened before. Without showing any kind of relieve he just stares at the monitor and stays silent, again he dives into his thoughts but the strange behavior made the German Shepherd curious. "Marshall? Is something wrong?", he asks and waits for an answer but Marshall just ignores him and moves the cursor to the left and back to the right. This behavior is more than suspicious for the usual loud and joking firefighter and Chase surely doesn't like the new attitude. "Maybe he will notice me if I do something else instead of talking", he suggests and tries a new trick. He raises his paw into the air and slams it down onto the wooden table, causing the same loud sound he created before. And again this sound makes the Dalmatian react as he screams again and instantly concentrates on the paw and the owner of it. "Are you trying to pick a fight or what?", he says a little bit angry but the worried mimic on the brown face and the sparkle in the brown eyes lead him to lose that emotion. "You're acting strange... Did I say something wrong or was there something wrong with the video? Or are you still mad at me because of the things I said earlier? I already apologized for that but if you want I can-", Chase explains the motive for his action but gets cut off as Marshall decides to answer the questions.

"There was something in the video I can't stop thinking about." "What was it? The young boy on the bicycle? I am sure he wasn't hurt or something like-" Again the German Shepherd can't finish his sentence because of a sudden interruption. "No, it was something with the two dogs. Do you know which clip I am talking about?" There were many clips with dogs but only one of them was with two dogs! "I think I actually do! Are you talking about the bigger dog that had this strange behavior. You know when he moved his hips back and forth and back and forth." Without saying something Marshall just nods and begins to blush slightly as he realizes that the thing he predicted before really became reality. Chase knew nothing about mating and all that stuff. But he really wants to try it out! "Chase has no idea... Great! Should I explain it to him or what? Maybe I should just forget about it... After all it is most likely not as half as much fun as I think it is...", Marshall tries to tell himself but he knows that he's just lying to help him feel better or to forget about the whole mating thing. That is most likely the reason why he can't forget about it no matter how often he tells himself that! The Dalmatian switches his glimpse onto the keyboard and then onto the bright monitor. As he concentrates on the searching bar above the videos and reads the words in it. "Funny fail compilation... Wait a minute! Maybe there are videos of dogs mating! That way I can show Chase what I want to do and maybe he will agree!"

"Marshall? What is up with that clip? Is there something wrong with it?", Chase asks and gains the attention of the Dalmatian, who slowly begins to smile at him with a kind of smiles that somehow scares him but also makes him a little bit suspicious. "Why is he smiling? Just a few seconds ago he was totally emotionless or maybe sad but surely not smiling!", he asks himself but the sudden sound of Marshalls voice surprises him as the firefighting pup explains himself and his plan. "You know... The thing the two dogs were doing is called ''mating'' and it is usually a lot of fun! So... I was wondering if we could also do it! I promise you it won't be bad or hurt or anything like that. I just want to have fun and I want you to join me. What do you say?" Hearing such strange words from Marshall is something totally new. Usually Chase is the one who has to explain words but now he used a word Chase never heard before. And this word found its way into the police pups mind. "Mating... Mating? What is that supposed to be? And why is he so eager to try it? And why was he so scared to ask me that or was it because of something else? I have no idea what to think now... or what to do! Maybe I should ask him first what this mailing... maitim... matink? What this thing is he talked about." And as soon as he decided the plan he already begins to follow it by asking the most important question in these kind of situations. "What is that thing? Matink? What do I have to do?" "First of all it is called mating and second... well...", the Dalmatian tries to explain but he just can't do it. And if he can't do the video must! "It is hard to explain but I can show you. We can search for some video and then you'll understand. I am sure about that!" Instantly Marshall clicks at the searching bar, deletes the previous words and writes new one. ''Dogs mating'' can be read in the searching bar and after one click on the search button next to it the whole site gets updated and... There are almost thousands of videos of mating dogs!

"Wow", Chase whispers as he sees all the thumbnails of two dogs playing. At least it looks like that but this is supposed to be mating. "This mating thing must be really popular! It kind of reminds me of a game we played a long time ago but Ryder never used the word mating for that." "That's because that wasn't mating. It was just a normal game but this is something different. It isn't a game but it is a lot of fun", Marshall explains as he moves the white cursor across the screen to search a good-looking video. "This one looks pretty good!", he says and, only seconds later, the video starts on a whole new site. It wasn't a long video, only a few minutes but these few minutes were pretty interesting for both of them. Marshall has never seen something like that but at least he understood what they were doing. But the German Shepherd was totally clueless. "I don't understand what they are doing but it is obvious that both of them are enjoying it... Wait! One of them is a female dog! Is that normal or is it just a coincident? I have so many question... Even more questions than before the video started!", Chase thinks as he watches the male moving his hips back and forth, panting in excitement and pleasure. The female one also shares the same opinion on their actions as she opens her mouth, shows her tongue and just closes her eyes with a smile on her face as she closes her jaw again. Before the video ends the male climbs down and licks the females cheek, who just giggles and licks back. The video stops and the thumbnail appears again to signalize it.