Chapter 1: Unveiled

Drip... Drip... Drip, the sound of the old leaking faucet echoed through out the basement.
"I found it!" Gale yelled as she found the charm for her bracelet that she dropped the last time she was down with her friends at the lowest part of their condominium building.
"Do you think it worked? I mean it's been weeks since we did it and nothing seems to have happened. The ceremony's tomorrow." Yna quietly asked about what they did precisely three weeks ago. Uncertain about what they have done, her friends stood still with a doubtful look on their faces.

As they walked pass the dark, humid and moldy smelling hallway, the lights suddenly turned on and a deep voice emerged through the silence. It was Jay, one of the security guards of the building.
"I hope you girls weren't doing drugs down here. We do have cctv cameras everywhere you know. If someone catches you doing stuff , I'm screwed." the guard jokingly said.

"We were just leading ourselves out." Kaye responded with a smile. Being the eldest of the group, she felt responsible if ever they did get themselves into trouble.

....

The humming of the elevator was the only thing to be heard. The thought of the act they performed was still lingering through there minds. It was the most difficult one they did since the night they opened the mysterious box they found at the city park. 

"We should just relax, every spell we did so far was a success. Look at this dress! I conjured it up last night from a magazine with ease." Camille confidently reassured everyone that the spell would work. 

Ever since they found the mysterious box that night, everything that they wanted became obtainable.

Made out of glass the size of her palm, it was smooth, flawless, it made them feel like touching something very precious. The box seemed more acted like a prism that would break light into different colors. The girls liked looking at it. It reminded them of a mini rainbow.

Staring at the cube of glass, Kaye recalled the moment they opened it for the first time in her room.
The blinding light that it gave was so intense they actually felt heat coming from it.
Time seemed to be non existent, the entire room was filled with an ominous vibe, it spitted out images that they can't quite figure out, a stinging noise was filling there ears, every picture frame on her desk shook with violence caused by the vibrations coming from the bright thing made out of glass. With a heavy feeling in the air, everything seemed to have halted, things seemed to move slowly. Not knowing what was truly happening, she tried to reach out to her beloved friends.
Suddenly her vision went dark.