The Summoning (Chapter 14)

April 22, 2013

Jack's PoV

"JACK! JACK!" I heard Alex scream, sounding terrified from the next room. What has Gerard done now? Fucking hell. 

"Baby what's wrong?" I questioned, following Alex's voice to the living room, and must I say what I saw there stopped me dead in my tracks. 

"So we meet again, Jack Barakat."  Andy, the fucking monster I haven't seen since the day he handed me that gun. Along with Gerard, and who I suppose was his  ex lover Frank. They must had made up, judging the fact they were holding hands. 

"Hm? No words, just like the last time I saw you." Andy continued, with a small laugh. 

I teleported across the room to his face, and looked him in his stone cold blue eyes.  "You're going to pay." I told him as I used one of my special demon powers, Telekinesis to bring a kitchen knife to my hands.  

He must had predicted my move, as he quickly teleported behind me and said "Silly demon, I'm more powerful than you." and shoved me to the ground. I turned and looked to Frank and Gerard who had ran to the other room, and to Alex who was standing there in shock. "Get out." I ordered him, and he followed Gerard and Frank. 

"You're pathetic, a pathetic demon. Protecting that little 'Alex' instead of joining someone like me to be a true demon." Andy spat at me as I stood. 

Using my mind, I brought a vase flying across the room and hit him in the head, causing him to fall. 

"That's where you're fucking wrong." I said, and teleported over, kicking him in the side of the head repeatedly. I took out the years of anger, the pain and self hatred for killing my lover on his head. He couldn't die again, but he sure could fucking suffer. 

He had blacked out by them, and I knew I didn't have long before he awoke again, so I spoke to Alex through his mind, something I had promised I'd never do. But desperate times call from desperate measures. 

"My love" I told him "come to me and bring the knife." 

Not a minute later he rushed in the room with the knife I had hidden everywhere I go.The handle was carved from a goat antler, the blade forever sharp.   It was special, carved by Satan himself. It was the only thing he gave us demons, that was only to help bring him new souls. Other than that, Satan hated us, for we had almost as much power as him, just not as much skill. 

He handed me a knife and reached for some candles on the kitchen counter. 

"You're really doing this?" Alex asked barely above a whisper. 

"There's no other choice." I said, as I took off my shirt. "Now take help me take off his."

Alex helped me remove Andy's shirt and left the room, knowing what was coming next. I lit the candles and sliced across mine and Andy's hip, directly on our scars. I took the blood on my fingers and started to draw a circle around Andy and I. Repeating the verse I was taught, I chanted over and over, causing the house to shake. Everything became insanely hot, and the next thing I knew I was at Satan's throne. 

"Demon. What brings you here." Satan spoke to me, he look unamused, twisting his brown hair around his fingers.  I noticed he had a British accent from which I didn't remember from our first meeting

"Him," I said pointing to the unconscious prick in front of me "He's caused too much wreck and havoc." 

"Ah, too much?" he seemed interested then. 

"He made a deal with the living." 

"Oh really?" he seemed surprised. "Let's just wake him up and ask him." Satan then snapped his fingers and Andy awoke, his face pure shock.

"My king." He said bowing for Satan.

"Cut the bullshit, demon." he said to Andy. "I've been told you made a deal with the living, is that so?" 

Andy looked like a young child who had just been told to shut up, full of hurt and shock. "I-I-I" he stuttered. "You don't understand."

"You see, I'm as old as time. I doubt there's anything I don't understand, you fool." he told Andy, with a small laugh.

"I was in love, sir." he looked up at Satan with a tear in his eye. Good I thought. He deserves to feel hurt, and pain 

"Love." Satan repeated. "I was in love once, her name was Hannah." 

Andy and I stood in silence as he continued. "She was an angel, back before I fell, I didn't want to fall without her, yet I loved her enough to realize what's best for her. I made her stay, my beautiful Hannah." 

He looked back at us, and I saw something I never thought I'd see in my entire life and afterlife, Satan was actually tearing up. The dark overlord, King of all evil, was on the verge of crying, just for a second before shook it off and returned to his intimidating state. 

"Do you see the point in me sharing my little sob story?" he spoke up. 

"I'm sorry Satan, I don't." Andy said quietly. 

"One, call me Oli, that's my name you idiot, Satan is my title. Two, the point is that sometimes you have to do what's best for the person you love. The best thing for you to do was give it up. You're a demon, you had your chance to love and lost it. Get over it." He said standing. 

"You've committed a crime, making a deal with the living, you'll spend eternity in the caged pits now." Oli said, and with another snap of his fingers Andy was gone. 

"Now for you, demon. You shall go back to where I was summoned." and with another snap of his fingers I was in Gerard's mess of a living room looking at Alex and Gerard, whom were huddled around Frank laying motionless on the floor.