Chapter 15

Girl

Melody was now allowed outside.

Although Pan would rather have her in an isolated place away from the rest of the boys, he did feel a little guilt-ridden for restricting her to a tent. After making sure the protection spell was secure around the camp, the pirate was free to be on her own. Although Melody was allowed to be out now, it didn't change the fact she was able to do much all around. She was still bored.

She sat on a log, fiddling with a spare arrow she found on the ground. She hissed when she cut her hand. Tiny drops of blood began to spew and Melody huffed.

"Of course."

She stood up and tracked down the blond boy in charge of her wellbeing.

"Felix, I cut my hand," Melody muttered and shoved her hand in front of his face. The lost boy immediately smacked her hand away and rolled his eyes.

"Follow me."

Felix led her to the medical tent and brought out a roll of bandages. As he attended to Melody's wound, she caught sight of three lost boys dragging in a bag. She squinted her eyes and yanked her hand away.

"What do you have there, Slightly?" Felix mused as they all crowded around the squirming bag. Melody frowned and took a step back.

"Is it an animal?" A lost boy voiced. Melody shook her head.

"An animal doesn't make those noises," she whispered. The bag let out muffled words but she couldn't make out what they said.

"Open it," Felix ordered. Slightly obeyed.

Once they cut open the bag, whispers filled the crowd of the lost boys. They all took a step back and held onto their weapons tighter. As Melody pushed through the boys, her eyes widened as she caught sight of the creature.

A girl who looked as if she had seen better days had tumbled out of the bag. Her blonde hair was matted down. Her clothes were dirty and soaked. The young girl was no older than Melody herself.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here..." Melody heard Peter approaching.

Pan neared the crowd and everyone watched carefully as he examined the girl. Felix pulled off the gag the girl had on.

"What's your name, girl?"

The girl's eyes darted around before she responded.

"Alice. My name is Alice."

Peter smirked and extended his arms.

"Welcome to Neverland, Alice."

~

Melody was curious.

She knew enough about Neverland to know girls didn't just appear on the island out of nowhere. Neverland didn't work like that.

Alice's appearance had shocked the campsite for a moment. The blonde was taken to the medical tent where Peter instructed a lost boy to look after her.

Felix remained by Melody's side while Peter went off to do god knows what.

"Thoughts?" Felix muttered. Melody glanced at him and shrugged.

"Girls don't just appear out of nowhere on this island. Makes it a bit suspicious..." She responded. Felix hummed and handed her a dry piece of fruit, which she gladly accepted.

"You are correct. It's odd but I trust Pan in what he's doing."

Melody scoffed while chewing on her food.

"What? Is he going to feed her to the crocodiles?" She taunted. Felix rolled his eyes.

"Of course not. I don't know what he will do with her."

Melody narrowed her eyes as Alice stepped out of the tent for the first time since she had arrived. She looked much better; her hair was washed, her wounds were healed, and she was given new clothes.

"Isn't that my shirt?" Melody asked with a frown.

Felix laughed as he glanced to Alice, recognizing that it was indeed Melody's shirt the blonde was wearing.

The pirate glared at Felix before pushing him off her log. He didn't care as he continued laughing.

Slightly was Alice's watcher. He was in charge of her needs and he stuck by her side at all times.

Melody and Felix watched as Slightly and Alice sat on their logs and the lost boy began to explain how things worked on the island.

"Five apples says she doesn't last a week," Felix mumbled and Melody snickered.

"I think she'll last a week and a half," she said. Felix chuckled and they both sealed their bet with a solid handshake. The pirate smirked widely as she glanced back to the girl and Slightly. She watched and scoffed as the inexperienced lost boy blushed furiously when Alice got closer to him.

"Poor unfortunate soul," she mumbled as Felix offered her some freshly cut fruit.

"Melody, come here," Peter commanded as he stepped out of his tent. The pirate sighed and clicked her tongue.

"I'll be right back, blondie," she whispered. She briefly breezed by the blonde girl and followed Peter into his tent. She walked to his bed and threw herself on it.

"This better be good, I was having a lovely conversation, Pan-"

"Peter."

"Fine, Peter, you interrupted my conversation and it better be for something good," she snarked and crossed her arms behind her head. She peeked an eye open to look at Pan.

"What do you think about our dear Alice?" He asked suddenly. Melody rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Why does it matter what I think? Everything I say you ignore anyway," Melody snorted back.

"I'm asking a question, Mel."

She simply rolled her eyes again.

"I have no opinion on Alice; besides that I think it's strange the island would allow another girl on here," she commented. Peter hummed.

"Strange?"

"Don't act dumb with me. You and I both know your shadow has brought all the islands current occupants, and will continue to do so unless you say otherwise."

"And?"

Melody frowned and lifted her chin to him.

"Girls aren't ever on your list, Pan. Your rule is to find boys who feel lost and unloved, and your shadow brings them here like some kind of weird pervert."

Peter frowned and stood up in an instant.

"I am not a pervert!"

She narrowed her eyes.

"Whatever... Is this all you wanted out of me? An opinion?"

"I care about what you think.."

"Don't feed me crap and call it couscous, Peter Pan, you and I both know that is a plate of pure bullshit. You are the leader of this bloody island, you don't need anyone's opinions, so tell me, why do you insist on asking me?"

Peter stayed silent as he stared at Melody's laying body. She hadn't moved and it seemed as if she wouldn't for a while. The boy let out a scoff and crossed his arms.

"I'll be outside."

"I don't care."

He left the tent. Melody peeked open an eye to see if she was truly alone and was slightly pleased to find it so. She rolled to her side and scrunched her face.

Melody Jones didn't have to care about another girl being on Neverland. If anything, the pirate thought life on the island was about to get very interesting.

The game had just reset itself.

*unedited*