Chapter #3 - Olive Garden and Amazing Race

Chapter #3

Joey and I walk down to the parking lot together. I've turned my camera off and it seems pretty quiet between the two if us.

"So, why did you decide to move to L.A Claire?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders. "It seems to be the thing to do when you get partnered with YouTube." I say. "I mean it seems that all of you guys live in L.A."

"A lot of us do, I've heard of a few up in Canada and over in the UK." Joey replies.

We walk over to joeys car and he opens up the door for me. "Thanks." I smile politely.

When Joey gets in the car, he pulls out his camera before even turning the ignition on. "Hello there, I'm here with Claire and were meeting up with a few others at the Olive Garden" he points the camera over at me.

"Hello" I smile waving a little over excited.

The drive the Olive Garden seems surprisingly short, Joey and I have lost track of time as our conversation continues. I've learnt so much about his past, I've told him about mine and we seem to have more in common than I would originally think.

In our school years we were both often teased or ignored by the other students. Joey pulls into the parking lot of Olive Garden and I recognize Ingrid standing amongst a few others in the entrance. I'm guessing they must be the others Joey had mentioned.

"Hey guys." Joey says as we approach them. "This is Claire, she just moved here. Claire, this is Meghan, Jimmy, Luke, Ingrid, and Cat."

"Hello." I say smiling. Right then most of them take out their cameras and I do the same.

"Hello Internet!" I smile into the camera. "I'm here for a little dinner with Joey, and Meghan, Jimmy, Luke, Ingrid and Cat are all here " a few of the, turn their attention over to me and wave into my little camera.

"So, I think that's all for introductions, we are headed inside to order our food."

The girl at the front of the store guides us to our table when we walk inside. I sit on the far side of the table Across from Meghan and next to Joey.

"Hey." Meghan says smiling. "Are you coming to the Amazing Race viewing party after."

I look confused for a second. Then Meghan laughs. "Did Joey not tell you, we're on the Amazing Race!"

"Oh." I say trying to sound excited. I've never really watched the Amazing Race before besides a few episodes every so often. I've never really watched a lot of reality TV before. But this party could be fun.

"Uhm, yeah sure I'd love to come, how far are you into the race?" I ask.

"It's going to be the fifth episode tonight." Meghan replies.

"Hey guys, we just got our food and I ordered this creamy pasta dish! I think that we mIght all go over to Jimmy's house to watch Some Amazing Race! So let me know in the comments if you've been watching too! See you later tonight."

Everybody at our table seems to be talking, laughing and having a good time Except for me, I guess I should have expected that, they've known each other for a long time and I only over here a short while ago. I'm sure that soon enough I'll be great friends with all of these people, they seem very considerate so far.

When everybody is finished eating the bill comes and I take out my wallet.

"Don't worry Claire, I got it." Joey says turning to me.

"Oh, thanks Joey, that's so sweet of you." I say smiling.

We get back in Joeys car. "Sorry I forgot to tell you about the Race, I've been so busy lately, I'm glad you're coming though."

"Hey guys, so I'm at Jimmy's house now and were about the watch Joey and Meghan on the amazing race! There are so many people here, I don't recognize a lot of them, but I think Joey will introduce me soon."

Joey walks around with me and introduces me to all the people who hadn't come to dinner with us. Sawyer, Anthony and Kalel are here. A few other people that I didn't talk to yet.

"Hey guys, the Race is starting!" Somebody calls from the living room.

at the end of the show I quickly turn on my camera. "We'll guys, episode 5 of the amazing race just ended and Joey and Meghan are still racing!"

"Hey Claire." Joeys says. "I have to get up early to tomorrow, Meghan and I are meeting with our personal trainers. Can I drive you home?"

"Yeah of course."

We get back to the apartments and its very dark out. I follow him out of the car.

"I live here too." I blurt out.

"Really? No wonder you got here so fast." He laughs. "Would you like to come to lunch with Meghan and I?" Joey asks.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you at your apartment around 12:30 sound good?" He asks

"Yeah, perfect. I actually live directly above you." I say smiling.