Nightmare

Kim’s POV

The blurry tears burned my face as I dragged myself to the guest room. I locked the door and flung myself into the bed.

How could Jack do that to me? I thought he liked me too, I guess I was wrong. I put on my pyjamas and cleaned my make-up off. I looked at the outfit Jack had bought me; I threw it down the laundry chutes in angry. I heard Jayde and Maya yell at each other. Thanks Maya, at least someone is my true friend…

More tears ran down my face and I lay in the bed. I covered my face with the blankets, and fell asleep a nightmare began to mold in my mind. Dread lurked in my mind and so did my fears.

------Nightmare!!!! (Duh, duh dun!!)--------

It was dark and misty and I walked slowly through a forest. Frosty green vines ran as my bare feet walked on the cool moss. At first it did not seem like a nightmare, oh most peaceful for moments.

“Hello?” I called.

I walked up to a grey brick wall maze, and I looked around the corner to see more grey bricks. I walked deeper but I was lost. I turned a corner and went to a big mirror, I saw myself in a nude lace dress with long wavy hair. My chocolate eyes stared back at me and I winked admiring. I looked at the dress more, it looked like the red one Jack had bought me but nude color and longer slightly. I heard something from behind me, it sounded like a familiar echo.  

I turned to see nothing but when I looked into the gold rimed mirror I saw Jack and Jayde walking slowly towards me.

Jayde wore a soft pink thin strap dress and was holding Jacks Hand.

“Jack I can’t believe we have been dating for 3 years already, and to think you thought you were in love with Kim!” she said looking into the mirror. I realised close up they looked about 18 or 20. Why did I still look 15? What happened to me?

“Who’s Kim?” Jack said looking into the mirror; Jayde kissed his cheek by his ear.

“Oh silly, it’s the one who died in that car crash. When she was hit by that car she hit her head, she bled out and because you never went to help her. Now she’s gone silly. On the bright side if she had never had gone you would have never met me and never gone out!”

“Talk about a sign… which reminds me,” he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring, “Jayde Francine Hillwood, will you be my wife?”

“Yes of course!!” Jayde screamed as he put the ring on her finger.

I slammed my fists against the mirror and screamed “No, Jack stop!”

I shed a tear and they looked into the mirror again and smiled.

“Stop Jack, You belong with me!!!” I touched the mirror and tears poured down my face. My slight reflection was fading and my hair was turning black. I looked down at my feet to see that it was fading away, in seconds I would disappear. Jack and Jayde wrapped their arms around each other and started to lean in for a kiss. I slammed my fist against the mirror and screamed “Stop!” the mirror shattered into millions of pieces in front of my eyes. Glassy shards touched the ground and disappeared. I turned around and saw in the mirror and a girl with runny make-up black frayed hair and a black dress. I walked closer and so did she, she was crying too. I touched the mirror and she mimicked me, she was me. I screamed and looked into the mirror.

She spoke “Run Kim, Run!” I nodded and turned towards the opening. It was blocked and I ran frantically wall after wall seeing vines and grey bricks close in around me. I turned around to scream and saw another mirror. It was me normally with long blonde hair holding Jacks hand. I ran towards it but the hall kept stretching and it was getting further away.

“Hurry up Kim, before it’s too late! Run Kim RUN!” I yelled from the mirror. I looked back to see another mirror that was getting closer to me the slower I ran. On my sides hundreds of mirror mimicked me trying to run as the hallway towards happiness got farther away. It was Jayde and Jack holding hands smiling happily and wearing engagement rings. I ran faster and yelled “Let me be free!!!!” I fell to my knees and looked up, the mirrors bursted one by one as glass shards flew between my finger tips and misty air touched my skin.

In slow motion they flew past me and I drifted away.