|| Chapter Fourteen

Everything in this university scared the hell out of me. Especially when everyone stopped their tracks to look about who the headmaster yells at.

The person he yelled at was me.

Now, I didn't do anything wrong in my opinion; I just walked up the stairs to the main building and stepped on the floor while doing it. That's normal.

But for the headmaster it's a big mistake and he said that I'm a rude kid that doesn't know how to respect the school.

No one told me that I can't walk up the stairs and step on the floor, where the school logo was printed in a huge circle, so I did it; like most of the people will do. But apparently, everyone knows that you can't step on the logo.

If the headmaster was a cartoon, there will be steam coming out of his ears. He was angry so he took it out on me, the new freshman girl that doesn't even knows where her classes are.

"Excuse me?" the headmaster came up to me and his neck reddened.

"Yes, sir?" I asked innocently.

"Did you just step on the logo?!" he yelled and the students stopped their tracks to watch us.

I looked down and saw my feet on their greenish logo. "Yeah, I guess," I mumbled.

"That's rude! You can't step on the logo! You are disrespecting the school! How many years do I have to tell you people not to step on the logo?!" he turned his attention to the crowd.

They all didn't make a sound and he turned back to me. "I'm sorry, sir, I'm new here and I didn't know that I can't walk on the floor. Besides, it's not like I'm making a hole," I defended myself and heard gasps from some of the students. Uh, did I say something wrong?

"I don't care that you are new here! There was a convention a few days ago where I explained about the university's rules; if you don't know them, that means you didn't bother to show up."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I bit my lip in thought; I didn't get any message from them. "I don't remember getting any message about that, sir."

He shooed the students and they kept walking, talking about casual things like this scene never happened.

"I'm feeling attacked, sir, I really didn't get anything from you; if I did, believe me, I would have showed up."

He sighed deeply and wiped a sweat off his brow. "Sorry, miss..." he trailed off.

"Avalos, my name is Lucy Avalos," I completed the sentence and he nodded.

"I just have a really busy day and I don't feel that well. I'm apologizing about my reaction, it happens sometimes. Go to your class; just don't step on the logo. Thank you. And good luck," he said and walked away with his secretary and I just stood there, still on the logo, confused of what happened a moment ago.

"You should really move from the logo," someone said and I whirled my head to the side to see a brunette guy with brown eyes smiling.

"Oh," I said and stepped aside.

"Hey, I'm Jack," he held out a hand.

"Lucy," I shook his hand.

"You are a freshman, right?" he asked.

"Yup,"

"Me too, want to walk together? I can try and help you find your class." He offered and I agreed.

"So what program did you choose?" he asked after we entered the building.

"Business Administration," I answered.