Twenty

♠ Rose's P.O.V. ♠

I ran a hand through my scraggly hair as I exited the bathroom with my clothes. Pajamas covered my body, making some of it more prominent than I'd like them to be. A white shirt with black stars littered all over it adorned my upper body, and black yoga pants covered my legs from sight. Soft, pink socks covered my feet, shielding me from the coolness of the wooden floor I was walking on to get to Luke's room.

     As I entered the bedroom that Luke and I have been sharing, I felt a blush erupt onto my cheeks when I saw Luke wearing nothing but his black boxers. His hand was in one of the drawers of his dresser, searching for a pair of pajama pants to sleep in. I couldn't help but look at his back, seeing the muscles move underneath his skin because of his arm movements.

     I then began to imagine red scratch marks all over that pale, muscular, freckled back. My eyes widened, wondering why I would think such a dirty thought. I shook the thought away as I approached my suitcase, which sat next to his dresser. As I put my dirty clothes into it, I could feel Luke's intense gaze on the side of my face.

     I turned my head, my green eyes meeting with Luke's blue ones. I shot him a small smile as I zipped the suitcase shut, standing up straight and brushing the dust off my pajamas.

     "How was your shower?" asked Luke as he finally picked out a pair of black pajama pants. He slid his legs through the holes, pulling them up his lanky legs. He turned his head toward me again, biting down on his lip ring as I got my side ready for bedtime. He could see the outline of my bum as I bent over just a bit, feeling his imaginative side grow.

     "It was relaxing," I answered, turning my head a little to shoot him another small smile. "Besides, I really did need to take another shower. My hair was greasy every time I ran my hand through it. It's disgusting."

     "It's all wet now." Luke pulled out a gray shirt, sliding it over his head and pulling it down over his torso. He stared at me as I continued to get my side ready.

     "You don't think I know?" I asked him, stopping my movements to look at him for a few moments. I then went back to neatly fold my side of the blankets into a triangle, fluffing up my pillow. I grabbed Mr. Cuddles from the nightstand and sat him down in front of my pillow, standing back and taking a look at it.

     "I'm not saying that you're stupid, Rose." Luke went over to Bells and kneeled down beside her, gently petting the top of her head.

     I hope that one of the boys had let Bells out of the bedroom so she could go roam out and about the cabin for a while, exploring the place a little bit. Hopefully she didn't have any accidents that they cleaned up. They did clean it up if that happened, right? I need to ask them that question in the morning.

     "I'm not saying that you were calling me stupid, Luke," I told him, looking at him as I sat down on the edge of the bed, feeling an unhappy feeling bubble up in my stomach.

     He noticed the tone in my voice, his eyebrows furrowing in concern. "Are you alright?"

     "I'm completely fine." Sarcasm was lightly falling from every word I said, a frown now settling upon his face. He stood up straight and came over to me, sitting down beside me on the bed. He leaned forward to get a better look at my face.

     "Are you okay, Rose?" he repeated, wording it a bit differently this time. I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to dump all my thoughts onto him. "Has your depression been showing up lately?"

     "I almost did it in the shower," I told him quietly, turning my head to look at him. His eyes widened, fear filling up in his eyes. "I didn't know what I was thinking. It was like my body took over my mind."