Chapter 3b: 8

|Revised Chapter|

|Revised Chapter|

3rd POV

Layla didn't go far, within minutes she'd found herself back home with a box full of oreos. She wasted the day away in her bedroom binge watching American Horror Story. Halfway through an episode her phone rang, the teenage girl answering it without checking the caller ID. "Hello?" She greeted over a mouthful of oreo.

"Hello, love." A familiar sultry voice came through her phone, the accent making her brow raise. "Did you make it home safe?"

Layla looked down at her phone screen, the number coming across as unknown, but she knew that voice. "Klaus?"

"You know it's quite rude leaving a man alone in bed. I felt a piece of my ego break off if I'm completely honest."

The brunette pressed pause on her remote, not being able to focus on Kit Walker and Klaus at the same time. "How did you get my number?"

"I had a feeling you wouldn't stay the night, so when you fell asleep I took it upon myself to get your number." The smirk on his face was evident in his voice.

"Why would you want my number?"

There was a pregnant pause on the other end of the line. "I wanted to get to know you. You seemed like an interesting person to spend some time with, and seeing as though I have never met someone like yourself in my thousand years I didn't want to let such an opportunity slip between my fingers."

The brunette felt the smile spread across her face before she could stop it. "You know this usually happens the other way around. The guy asks to get to know the girl then has sex with her."

"Well, times have changed love and not to brag but you weren't exactly complaining when I bedded you. Quite the opposite actually."

Layla gasped, her cheeks burning a bright red. "Shut up. You weren't exactly quiet either if I remember correctly."

"I have no problem admitting it. You were impressive for such a young woman."

Layla's laugh slowly died down. "Speaking of age," He quieted down, waiting for her to continue. "I'm only seventeen. I'm still a minor, and recently out of a serious relationship. If that's what you want, then I apologize but I can't give it to you."

"Calm down, love." The hybrid gently comforted. "Age is just a number for me. I wasn't trying to force myself upon you, all I wanted was your friendship."

Layla ran her fingers through the small pieces of hair that had fallen out of her messy bun, twisting them around her pointer finger and releasing it, repeating the process. "Why did you go through the trouble to get to know me?"

"You have the makings of a leader, Layla and every king needs a queen." Klaus admitted, suprising not only him but his brother, Elijah that was eavesdropping on their phone call.