Chapter 3b: 15

|Revised Chapter|

|Revised Chapter|

3rd POV

Layla laid there asleep, she hadn't been sleeping well lately since the Oni had made their appearance. All she could visualize when she closed her eyes was that eerie yellow that centered a hollow darkness. Her eyes snapped open when she heard the faint buzzing beneath her pillow. Checking the called ID that read Stiles, she picked up immediately. "Yeah Stiles?" She yawned, rubbing her tired eyes.

A static responded rather than her best friends voice. Layla called out his name once more only hearing the buzzing sound of electricity and moved the phone to end the call. "Layla," He whimpered, causing the sleepy teen to awaken fully and sit up in her bed.

"Yeah, it's me." She answered soothingly, pushing her heavy covers off of herself. "What's up, are you okay?"

"Layla, I don't know where I am?" Stiles voice cracked, fear evident from the simple sentence. "I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleepwalking."

"Okay, Stiles I need you to look around and tell me what you see. Anything that can help me find you, alright?"

His heavy breathing sounded over the phone speakers. "It's dark, there's something wrong with my–" The call dropped and Layla scrambled out of bed redialing his number by memory, only receiving his cheerful voicemail. She called again, gaining the same fate. When she hung up a second time, the phone rang, and Layla immediately pressed accept.

"Stiles," Layla sighed in relief, running her fingers through her messy hair. She took a look at her clock showing it was no later than midnight.

"I don't think I can get out of here, I can't move."

"Where are you?"

The question seemed to trigger more worry in the teenage boy, making his voice shake and tremor as her answered. "I don't know. It's too dark, I can't see. But something's wrong with my legs. Its stuck on something, I think it's bleeding. Layla it hurts."

Layla put on some shorts, throwing on a sweatshirt and the closest shoes she could find. "How bad? Do I need to bring a first aid kit with me?" Noisy answered on the opposite line, just pure silence but the call was still going. "Stiles? Stiles can you hear me?"

"Layla, there's a smell down here. Something smells terrible, it's brutal, my eyes are watering."

Layla grabbed her keys and walked out her front door, rushing to her car. "I'm going to call your dad Stiles, to come help me find you."

"No!" He denied immediately. "No, no. Don't."

She froze, her keys hovering over the ignition slot. "But your dad–"

"Layla, please. Don't call him. Promise me Layla. Promise me you won't. He already worries about me too much, please."

Layla clenched her eyes shut, a tear falling down in worry. "Stiles, I'm worried about you. What if I can't find you? Stiles I can't make a promise like that."