Prison

I trudged down the humid and sticky street, head down and hoodie on. I walked past several business people, important people, people who had a loving family, a husband or a wife, children, a good job, decent money.

    I finally made it to the familiar building, made my way up 6 flights of stairs, and stopped at apartment C. I knocked on the door, and to my surprise, Danny came to the door. She looked as if she had been crying, but, why was she in my house? I was engulfed in a tight hug, I couldn't get the strength from inside myself to pull away, I just held to her tightly. My brother came around the corner and for the first time in almost 7 years, gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek.

      No matter how much love and affection they showed me, I knew they would go back to their old ways in about a week. Danny would talk to that other girl, my brother would tease me for being gay, and my mother, clearly hadn't changed, she hadn't even come to the door.

        I pulled away from Danny and my brother and walked into my apartment, to my room. It was completely trashed. I turned around and looked at them. "What the hell guys? I'm gone, so you trash my room?" Danny spoke up, "We were looking to see if you had left any sign of where you were going." She pulled me in her arms again. "I never thought I would hear your voice again Emmy," she started crying again. I let out a sigh, but placed my arms around her waist. "I'm here Danny, it's okay." I half-heartedly assured her, with Ana and Mia at my shoulders, I'd be dead soon enough, especially with Cat calling my name every night.