Chapter One: The Lifestream

When the blue haired girl woke up all she could see was a fully white environment. She was sitting on a white platform with fog hanging above her head. There were more platforms laid out in such a way that you could say it was a path. Standing up, all the girl could think about was where it led to.

Jumping from one platform to another was exhausting. Her efforts paid off when she reached a rather unique door. Turning the knob she entered the room to see a lady in a black dress who seemed to be waiting for her. There was another figure at the back of the room approaching one of two doors, the person seemed masculine with dark blue hair unlike herself. Before the girl could speak to the person they disappeared.

"Hello, I certainly wasn't expecting another guest this quickly," said the lady with a calming smile, "I'm sure you have many questions but before we begin, my name is Nao. I'm in charge of the Lifestream here." The blue haired girl continued to stare at the other. "Hm? Is something wrong?" asked Nao.

"I don't remember anything about myself. Even my name..." replied the girl with an upset expression. The time that was spent staring at her was really used to rummage through her memories. The results weren't fruitful sadly. She hardly had any. One had to do with a cherry blossom tree, everything else that surrounded the tree was hazy.

"Ah, I see. You'll need a name then..." said the white haired lady while thinking, "How about Prince? You have this regal air about you. However, Princess doesn't sound right for you..."

"It's perfect. Thank you. I still don't remember anything else though..." responded Prince. Her companion made a small grin.

"Don't worry. You're not the only one with amnesia. There are a few other exceptions though, like that boy you just saw for example..." stated Nao, "My job in the Lifestream is to provide Milletians with assistance when they first descend upon the world. There are exceptions here, I help with the rebirth process as well." The other pointed to a stream of nearly transparent lights.

"Rebirth... The transfer of memories and skills into a new life..." said Prince while pondering over her own existence, "What's a Milletian?"

"A Milletian is a being born from the stars. That's where you came from, but I sense something different about you. I'm thinking that perhaps there are others like you too." Nao smiled while saying this. "Plus, it's always nice to have another lady around."

Something different...? Ah, maybe a slip of the tongue.

"Haha, do boys really come around here that often?" questioned Prince.

Nao giggled in response, "Certainly, quite a few actually!" Her expression warped to a neutral state. Almost like she was thinking hard about something. "Well, we should probably continue with it. I'm assuming you've never heard of talents, so I'll go ahead and explain that." Her refreshing smile came back. "Talents, it's an attribute, title, and skill specialization system. When you pick a certain talent, certain skills will upgrade more quicker then others. For instance..."

Colorful Lights began to surround Nao and when the lights faded a sword is in one of her hands. She gripped it tightly and attacked what looks like a training dummy out of thin air. A powerful slash later and it disappears. Prince applauded the sudden spectacle.

"Haha, was that entertaining? Anyways, my talent was switched to close combat. Can you guess what that does?" the other asked.

"You really need to give a better challenge... Has to do with all close-range weapon like swords right?" The other nodded.

"Right!" Nao smiled brightly while still holding her sword, "Well, to be honest close combat only focuses on swords. If you want to use a lance..." she took a deep breath, "Go with knight."

Prince grinned at the white haired lady's enthusiasm, "I think I've figured out what I want."

"What is it?"

"I want to be an alchemist. It feels right..."

The other extended her hand and made a gesture. She jumped over to another platform and disappeared from sight. She returns with a bag, "There's a cylinder and crystals in there." she aforementioned.

The blue haired girl took the bag, "Thank you."

Nao's tear filled eyes darted toward the two doors, "You're ready to go it seems... Before you go though..." A letter appeared in her hands, "Give this to Duncan. He'll give you a starting point on your journey. I can't teach you alchemy but I'll help in any way I can!"

Prince stepped towards the door and hand curled around the knob, "We'll meet each other again soon." The door opened revealing a serene town. Leaving behind the safety of the Lifestream, her journey has just began.

Note: Finally! This took forever. I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time. Also, thanks JJFABBY for making a character! Your character will be in the next chapter~ Yeah, also....the 200 view special for my Persona fan fiction is coming soon! (Forgive me for not making another chapter in time...)