four / followers?

"This is weird isn't it?" Logan warily asked as we trudged along the beach.

"No... Well I don't think so," I clarified. He looked out to the collapsing colours of blue most likely in thought. I looked at the footprints our shoes were making. "What happened to your plans with your friend?"

"Oh, he's a very busy person so usually our plans are cut short or cancelled."

"That sucks," I commented. I dropped my eyes to continue looking at the sand.

"What would you like to do for the rest of the day?" He asked after a minute had passed. I shrugged in response. "Do you like milkshakes?"

I giggled before replying, "yeah of course."

"C'mon, I know just the place to take you," he said in excitement. He pulled my arm back up the beach and held onto it until we were a few feet away from his car. I stared at him while he scrambled to fetch his keys from his pocket, it made me wonder what I was doing with such a good looking boy.

"How far away is it?" I asked curiously as we got into his car.

"Not too far, probably 10 minutes." He pulled out of the carpark and entered the main road. "You can turn it up if you want." He gestured towards the radio.

I turned the radio up and rolled down my window. The song was catchy and the wind felt good dancing through my hair. I didn't realise I was nodding along to the song until Logan's chuckle interrupted me. "Sorry," I shyly muttered.

"Don't be, it was cute." He quickly flashed me a perfect smile before putting his eyes back onto the road. "Did you like that song?"

"Yeah, it's not something I'd usually listen to, but it was cool."

"Okay," he smirked.

We let the radio fill the silence. After another two songs had played Logan was parking the car. I stepped out of the car and my chest began to cave in. In the distance I could see Genevieve sitting across from Luke at a table eating ice cream. I turned the other way and began to half-jog down the path.

"Where are you going? That's where we're going!" He called, alarmed at my sudden reaction.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry I repeated to myself. Was this really happening to me?

My body froze, seconds later I felt Logan's arms around me and his scent tickled my nose. My eyes and nose had turned red but I hadn't let any tears escape yet. "Whoa are you okay?"

I shook my head no and he wrapped his arms tighter around me. I leaned my head into his chest and clasped my arms around him.  "I'm not weird I promise," I whispered to him making him chuckle. I could feel the vibrations from his chest on my head.

"Well I'm here to talk and it looks like I won't be going anywhere any time soon," he joked. At that, I loosened my grip around him and he did the same.

"That was Genevieve in there, with Luke." I quickly wiped a tear that had escaped.

"Who's Luke?" He asked puzzled.

"My..." I trailed off. He wasn't my boyfriend so he can't be my ex-boyfriend.

"Your ex-boyfriend?"

"No," I murmured. "We went on a few dates and things... I liked him a lot but he obviously didn't feel the same."

"Oh, are you guys still seeing each other." Logan stiffened and I could hear the slight panic in his voice.

"No, I called things off. I just didn't expect to see him with my best friend, that's all."

"Mmm that sucks."