six / band

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was more nervous than I was the first day of high school, or the first time I had driven a car. But with those two experiences came excitement and maybe Logan was the excitement I needed in my life right now.

As shallow or superficial as it sounded I spent extra time this morning getting ready, you never know what you might get into hanging out with a celebrity, not that I'd done it before, that was just my expectations.

The door bell rang and I scrambled to get my purse and phone, my heart rate beating faster than it had at any cardio work out I had ever done. 

"Hey Logan- Luke? What are you doing here?" I hid half behind the door. I tend to hide behind things or people when I'm shy.

"I wanted to see you, who's Logan?" He questioned with betrayal in his voice.

"You need to go, I'm busy today. You could've at least called, that would've been the polite thing to do."

He narrowed his blue eyes at me and ran his fingers through his blonde hair in frustration. At the same time Logan pulled up and waved at me. His smile made me forget that Luke was standing in front of me for a second.

Luke chuckled to himself, "Logan huh? Go have fun. Try not to be so easy though." He gave me a half smile and dug his hands into his pockets.

I clenched my jaw and held back the words I wanted to scream at him, partly because I didn't want to make a scene while Logan was waiting for me and because I'd almost certainly start crying. "You're just jealous, Luke," I said loud enough for him to hear.

I locked the door behind me and rushed to the passenger door of Logan's car. "You look nice," he complimented as I got in.

"So do you." I smiled at him while clipping the seat belt in.

"Is that the boy from yesterday?" Logan asked as we passed Luke, driving out of my street.

"Yeah."

"What did he want?" Logan glanced at me, I looked out the window.

"I have no idea," I answered. I was annoyed that Luke decided to show up out of nowhere and ruin my day.

"What would you like to do today? The day is yours."

"The day is ours," I corrected him. I looked at Logan and he looked at me for a moment before looking back to the road.

Until Logan I hadn't really paid attention to how captivating and alluring dark features could be. His brown curls complimented his olive skin and his brown eyes held some kind of intensity, especially with his thick, dark eyelashes. I felt like boys with brown eyes and brown hair were under appreciated because girls usually obsessed over the blonde boys with blue eyes, or just any boy with blue eyes.

I was no different from those kind of girls. Blonde hair and blue eyes were the features of a boy I stupidly fell for, Luke.

"Ours..." A smile spread across his face. "Luckily I thought of something for us to do," he chuckled.

"What is it?"

"You'll see," he said amused. I smiled and shook my head, I continued gazing out the window.

By the time Logan had parked the car I had finished my list of extremely attractive men with brown hair and brown eyes.

1. Dave Franco
2. Dylan O'brien
3. Brenton Thwaites
4. Taylor Lautner
5. Johnny Depp
6. Justin Bieber
7. Calum Hood
8. Ansel Elgort
9. Ashton Kutcher
10. Nick Jonas

There were plenty more but it took me the whole car ride to think up 10.

"Are you ready to have some fun, Evie?" Logan excitedly asked as we got out of the car.

"Always ready for fun," I chuckled, following behind him.

We entered the mall and Logan stopped and turned to me. I wondered what words were trapped inside him. "Um," he nervously muttered before clearing his throat. "You need to hold my hand," he mumbled.

"What? Why?" Obviously I wanted to hold his hand but I asked because I couldn't believe he just said that.

"Because we have to run." He grabbed my hand and I was yanked forward. Next thing I knew I was running behind him, struggling to keep hold of his hand. A little tired and out of breath, we stopped running and entered an arcade. Our hands were still intertwined, it was the reason why I was internally gushing.

The colourful lights and noises from all around was kind of overwhelming. After we collected the tokens, we stumbled across one of Logan's favourite games.

"Guitar Hero"

I rolled my eyes while Logan slung the guitar strap over him. "I will beat you," he playfully warned me.

"Really? Because I don't think you will," I said smoothly. I confidently put the guitar strap over me and held it so I was ready to play. I'd only ever played this game twice so to see how this would turn out was interesting.

"I'm the one in the band remember?" He jokingly reminded me. My heart skipped a beat and my tummy fluttered, hanging out with him felt so surreal.

"The band should probably get a new guitarist, I mean if there current guitarist is you," I sassed. He cheekily narrowed his eyes at me.

"Whatever. I'm not the only guitarist though so-"

"So then they don't need you?" I took a step closer to Logan and half smiled. "I'm only kidding."

"Ha-ha hilarious." He held my gaze. He took a step closer towards me and my eyes focused on his lips. "Shit," he said, after he accidentally pressed one of the buttons to start the game.