Chapter Thirteen: Even A Beautiful Rose Has Thornes

This chapter is special. so I like to think. I think it's time for Brooke to open up. Bring your tissues. Lol enjoy guys. Don't forget to COMMENT & VOTE!!

I flutter my eyes open groaning softly. Where am I? This sure as he'll isn't my room, it's so... Detached. I mean I'm not all pink and flowers, but at least my room is well...mine. I don't know what I'm saying. I feel so mixed up. I decide to sit up and to my surprise I don't ache everywhere.

"Your up" his voice so soft I could almost melt, but I don't. I'm so confused and the most confusing thing is why am I not attacking  him right now, I should be mad at him but I'm not, am I that tired? He's sitting on the edge of the bed. Was he watching me sleep?

"Where am I?" I clear my throat glancing around once more.

"Your at my place, I brought you here after you passed out" passed out? His house? Why?

"You don't remember do you?" I remember dreaming about the night that never seem to end, but that's it. Everything else is so blurry. He looks worried, mostly relieved but worried, not to mention the guilt written all over his face.

"What happened?" His eyes widen slightly and he looks down before he looks back at me.

"We were fighting, well you were fighting me, but I didn't want to hurt you so I just let you get your hits. I pinned you down trying to call a truce so we could talk but that wasn't part of the bet we mad so you didn't want to. When you got up to leave I grabbed you and didn't let you go... I swear I just wanted to talk. I didn't know you were panicking until it was to late... You were crying about leaving and wearing dresses. It didn't make sense but you wouldn't stop. After about a good hour or two you just laid dead in my arms and that's why I took you here." Some of it comes back now and I still don't have the repulsive feel I had for him.

"It's not your fault" the words are out of my mouth before I can take them back. Did I mean that? Yes... No... I don't know. I was dew for a nervous or mental breakdown years ago, but he did trigger it. He looks shocked but covers up the expression with a weary smile.

"I made you some soup. I hope you like chicken noodle" he takes the bowl off the night stand and I watch as the steam evaporates into thin air. I'm starving and it looks as mouthwatering as it smells. He picks up the spoon filled with broth and brings it to my lips.

"I can feed myself" I mutter. He nods placing the spoon back in the bowl, handing it to me. I take it and thank him before glancing down at the bowl. He can cook! And well. I draw the spoon to my lips and once the broth hits my tongue my stomach craves more. Oh this is good. Spoon after spoon I go until there's nothing left. I've managed to spill a drop on my shirt but who cares. The whole time I was eating he was watching me Intensity.

"You undressed me?"

"I wanted you comfortable" he shrugs taking my bowl.

"Mhmm" I narrow my eyes.

"Now that you've eaten and I know your well, we need to talk" Oh not this again.

"No" I say jumping up out of bed. I want to go home and sleep. I don't have the time nor patience to fight with him.

"Where are my clothes?"

"You were wearing a sports bra and shorts, I had someone buy you some jeans and a sweater, there over there on the chair" he points with his chin to the chair. I walk over taking out the jeans and navy blue sweater. There's also a bright blue lace panty and bra.

"Just in case you wanted to shower" he shrugs. This man has an answer for everything. A shower does sound nice though. I gather the things and head into the bathroom, closing the door behind me and locking it. I don't want him coming in here while I'm showering. He might fuck me or try to talk.