Time Skip to HP's 3rd Year

Harry, Ron, and Hermione, the girl on the train, became good friends over the years and were all sorted into Gryffindor. (All of the same things happened in the books and this is in the middle of the year.) Harry remembered that every time that Ron got sent a howler or Harry got in trouble, Em and Emily stormed into the great hall saying, "Harry James Potter!"

Harry wrote to his Aunt back and forth all the years and this was an important part of the conversation this year.

Dear Harry,

I hope you have been reading the Prophet but if not I don't blame you. If you have been you would know that my brother has broken out of jail and we need to discuss how to find him. Please contact me on the mirror sometime after school.

Love,

Your Aunty Em

Em sent him that letter that morning and Harry decided to call that day after school. Harry's day seemed to drag on. After classes, he ran up to his dorm and sat on his bed with the mirror.

"Em?" he said uncertainly. Em's face automatically appeared in the mirror.

"Hi, Harry, how was your day?"

"Long."

"I see. Anyway, as you know my brother is innocent so we need to find him."

"Okay."

"I have an idea." She then went into detail on the plan.

"Okay, I'll see you later," Harry said when she finished.

"Okay. Bye." The connection cut out with those words. Harry grabbed his invisibility cloak and waited as he did his homework in the Common Room. When nobody was left, he slipped it over him and went onto the grounds outside. Still wearing it he began the plan.

"Padfoot," he whisper-called, "Padfoot." A dog came out of the forest. He looked just like Em had described him. "Padfoot," he said again, "come on, she's waiting." The dog looked a little worried but followed Harry, anyway. They walked to the shrieking shack where they saw a huskey. She looked confident but with a little worry laced in. She had what looked like saddle bags on her back.

"Come on, Sirius, change back," Harry said to him. The dog looked up at him. "Its safe, don't worry. She won't hurt you." He stared for a moment and Harry was pretty sure he would've shrugged. Suddenly, a sullen looking man stood in front of him.

"Harry," He said, "you have to believe me, I wasn't-"

"Stop," Harry said as he turned to her, "now you." She bobbed her head and now Em was standing there, holding the same saddlebags.

"Em?! You're an animagus? When? How?" Sirius said.

"Yeah, I nicked some of you guys' store of the potion," Em said, "it was easy. I was going to tell you guys when I finished my transformation but I finished the day before Halloween." Em frowned as she finished.

Sirius nodded, "And your a dog like me?"

"Well, technically, I'm a husky and you're whatever you are. Oh, and Sirius?"

"Yeah?"

Em ran at Sirius. He flinched but Em's arms wrapped around him. She sobbed loudly.

"I missed you! Twelve years!" She continued to sob.

Sirius looked surprised, "I missed you too, Poodle."

Em smiled through her tears, "That nickname. Its like you guys knew I was a dog."