Last Momments

Rupert starred down at Jarvis' pack house from his position on hill facing the north entrance. Well Jarvis I do believe it's time I take back what's mine. We'll kill the girl quickly. Yes. We can't allow that abomination to live. She'll bring about the fruition of the prophecy. That must never happen. He would wait for his third in command to apear with Tyler and the girl. Once they were out of the way he'd show Jarvis a thing or two about even thinking of betraying him.

Speaking of the Jacob approached with no sign of Tyler or the girl. "Where the hell have you been? And why are you alone," Rupert snarled sensing right away that something was off about Jacob. Spotting the bandage on his leg he attributed it to that and nothing more.

"I came across some guards and I took them out. One got me pretty good in the leg but I'll be all right. Before I killed him he told me Tyler had been caught sneaking out with the girl. That both of them were being held in the house hostage." Jacob's answer had not been what Rupert had wanted to hear.

He smashed his fist into the tree he'd been leaning against, "That idiot! How hard is it to sneak a girl out?!" Cooling his temper he reassessed Jacob's injury asking, "Can you lead a few others back the way you came and get Tyler and the girl out without being seen?"

Jacob lowered his head, "Yes Alpha."

Pleased Rupert barked, "Sam, Michael, David go with Jacob. The next time I see you four Tyler and the girl better be with you. If not then I'll use Jacob's head as a new mounting for my wall."

Without a word of protest the four left in the direction Jacob had come. Jacob shifted so the others would follow suite. For this to work he knew his ex pack members had to be in wolf form. Hopefully neither of them would reject his Alpha. He didn't want to have to kill one of his former brothers.

He found Redwynne right where he'd left her. At first his companions were confused but as expected they each bowed and tucked their tails in submission to Redwynne. As one they all shifted back. They each took the oath as he had done. Afterwards Redwynne took a minute to dish out hasty explanation and catch them up on the situation.

After Jacob took off Redwynne paced back and forth. She could feel his apprehension which in turn only made her more nervous. She did not want anything to happen to Jacob. End of story.

So when he finally came bounding back through the trees towards her she released a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Three varying shades of brown wolves trailed behind him. As one they watched her shift her red and white streaked fur towered above them by a good two inches.

As the whimpered, bowed and tuck their tails in submission to her Redwynne felt Jacob loose an identical breath to the one she'd been holding. You were worried? She asked him through their bond. Yes Alpha. I did not want to have spill my brothers' blood. But I would have if they'd threatened you. I know Jacob. I'm glad you didn't have to.

Shifting back as one then giving out introductions and some need to know information Redwynne let them in on the rest of her plan. One she'd been forming while Jacob had gone to fetch them.

Much to her surprise neither Sam, David nor Micheal questioned her leadership. They merely threw in some suggestions as they had them. There acceptance and unquestioning fealty gave her a confidence she'd never known before. They are pack. Pack does not question the Alpha.

Micheal with his dark brown hair and tan skin was the talker of the bunch. The way he tossed around his smile and several winks made Redwynne think he was a bit of a ladies man.