4

[sorry guys, but I took a break this weekend... ^^; this chapter is a dark one...]

Rin lay on the floor of their room, not able to move.  Sousuke had seemed even worse than usual.  He didn't know why, all that was different was that today, Rin had seen Makoto on lunch his lunch break and had decided to have lunch with him.  Who was Rin kidding he knew exactly why Sousuke had reacted the way he did.  He was jealous.  He didn't even know how Sousuke had found out, Rin certainly didn't tell him.  Maybe that was part of why Sousuke had been worse.

Still Rin just laid there, slowly catching his breath.  Sousuke had hit him in the face only once, all other damage was taken in places that were not easily seen.  Sousuke probably wouldn't have stopped kicking him if the police hadn't arrived.  Rin could hear Sousuke downstairs talking to them now, Rin knew that in a couple minutes Sousuke would drag him down there too, to verify the "story" of how nothing happened.  It had been a long time since the screaming had been so loud that the neighbors called the police.

"Rin!"  Rin slowly got up, he couldn't refuse to go to Sousuke now.  He was shaky but when he reached the door, he did his best to walk straight.  He braced himself against the wall as he glided downstairs.  He looked at the two cops who stood in the doorway, asking, "Yes?"  The police asked their usual questions and Rin just smiled, "No, no, everything's fine.  We just had a small disagreement."  They asked about his face and all Rin said was, "I just tripped and hit my head, I'm fine really, just a little clumsy I guess."