Chapter Five: Harsh Remembrance

Note: Ahhhh! It's been forever since I updated and I am so sorry! I'm not dead haha.  My writing actually got a lot better. So if my writing style seems different, that is why. Also, I am so sorry for the short chapter...

Souji's Point of View      

     That cherry blossom tree was back. The teen stared in disbelief at the spectacle as a boy skipped past him. A girl was waiting at the tree, smiling faintly. A strong breeze caused cherry blossom petals to fall gently to the ground. The two children were blurry and their laughter was certainly jolly. Souji noticed a shadow-like figure creeping up to one of the children. Reaching his right hand out to the two children, he realized that his hand went through them. He could do nothing as he watched the girl get grabbed and descend into an abyss of black. As for the boy, he did nothing. He was stuck in a stationary position, wrapped by a rope of dark material. However, it seems like he didn't notice the rope. He didn't even notice the girl that was fighting for her life. After she was gone, the boy glanced around. The blurriness around the boy cleared and Souji could see who he was.

Minato's Point of View

        Minato was mentally panicking over what to do. Souji was unconscious, shadows could be anywhere, his wounds were beginning to sting, and what was that sound? Placing his companion at the corner of the room, the blue haired boy proceeded to lean against the door. Though he didn't have the best hearing, he could hear footsteps. Something was coming this way. He promptly pressed the evoker to his head. It was in vain as the footsteps faded away. Relieved, Minato slumped to the floor with a thud.

      If this is the Dark Hour, there should be a way out. If not then....

       His thumb ran over a Goho-M in a jacket pocket. A charm to ward off shadows was also placed in the same pocket. His relief was short-lived as footsteps were heard once more. Minato sprang up and realized it was too late as banging sounds were echoing across the room.

      'Crap,' the blue haired boy cursed to himself. There was no choice now. He had to fight.

       Back against the door, his left hand curled around the rattling knob. He pointed his evoker to his head once more. When he rotated the knob to open the door, he was greeted with a peculiar bear.

     "Nooooo! Don't hurt me! I don't mean any harm!" the strange bear was waving its arms wildly.

      Minato frowned, "....Says the shady bear in a place full of things that want to harm us." the boy was still holding the evoker for safety measures. The bear ignored what he said.

     "It's weird. They aren't normally this feisty," stated the bear, "its been so noisy lately that I can't sleep!" the other was looking back towards Souji as the bear was talking. The teen had slightly switched positions and was lying on his side. Amused, Minato walked over and tapped his head a couple of times. The other woke looking annoyed, until he remembered where he was. The bear decided to join the two and Souji glanced at Minato for an explanation. Needless to say, it took a lot of explaining.

      "So you're telling me... That I'm in an hour that doesn't exist anymore... And... that Yosuke is somewhere in here. Also this bear is here to help us." Minato nodded for the third time since he started explaining. He just wanted to get this over with.

       "I have something that can get us home. So don't worry about being in too much danger. That's why I told you to leave everything to me. Jeez... You never listen." Souji apologized profusely and said something that shocked the blunette.

        "While I was unconscious I had a vision." Minato remained quiet and bitterly smiled to himself. He knew that there was no turning back now. "That... was you. That girl... she..." 

         "....I made a deal."

         "What?"

         "I made a deal. After I died, I made a deal so that the girl you saw could live again. I made a deal so I could see you again. I made a deal to not let the same thing happen to you. All of that in exchange for," Minato bit his lip. He realized that it was bleeding, but he didn't care at the moment. "to become a guide in a place that gives life and to become a part of your contract."

         "Wait what?!" Souji yelped in surprise as the blunette smiled bitterly to himself again with a sense of dread.

         "Heeeeyyy! Did you forget that I'm here?!" exclaimed Teddy in a pitch that sounded unusually high. Both brushed him off which caused him to cry a river until they paid attention to him. 

          "Souji, we'll continue the conversation later. Right now, we need to find Yosuke." 

          "Fine. Don't think I will let you leave this time though." The silver-haired teen responded while glaring.