Escape

Prolouge

           2011 and the zombie apocalypse has started. This isn’t a relatively new thing, they didn’t spontaneously appear and start pigging out. They came in little groups starting from south America and becoming world wide or so we think. There has been no contact out of state or internationally.

     The people who were smart enough to act fast, got their families together and did what they could but sometimes that wasn’t enough.

      For most of the families that survived, clans were made. We resorted to a [primitive way of living, stealing from others and scavenging for food. Food was running out. Not everything stays fresh for long, so sooner or later we were all going to starve.

     Most people didn’t want to accept that fact but that’s exactly what it was: fact. Those who couldn’t get that in their heads were either killed or died. Lucky them they would not be “dead” for long, they’d also turn into the faul, horrid, creatures we call the walking dead.

      Our family’s biggest problem is both food and my mother. She’s pregnant. Being in a zombie apocalypse isn’t the best place to raise a baby. Her being pregnant means most of our rations get cut down to feed her and that of my unborn brother or sister.

      Unlike me there are people in our family, and the little few that were unfortunate to have lost theirs, that did not agree with her getting some of their rations. This causes a lot of “unearthly” arguments about us and seeing as there is no need for the law things can get pretty deadly pretty fast.

      Where we live is the basement of a small farm, of which my father had owned before the world went underground, hidden away from the chaos on the surface. It’s ironic now. The living is forced to live in the dirt to survive and the dead rule the surface on which they weren’t intended. The markets are a few miles away from our clan, the markets being a group of dear devils living on the surface and stealing food from zombie infested stores. Sometimes getting to those people are a big task because no where is safe. With no where being safe death is a normally occurring thing around us, the sudden death of a family member or friend has no questions asked and no one cares as long as there alive.

Sounds gruesome but that’s life for you.