Chapter 2: Unlucky

Blood covered the floor, walls and ceiling. I looked at my feet. It wasn't a puddle i had walked into, It had been blood. Cameron looked bewildered and I could guess that the look on my face mirrored his but it a more disgusted way then he chose to show. We had only just left the room for a second and all hell had broken loose.

I had a feeling this was Holly's doing. Than that feeling turned to dread as when in the corner I saw a boy, he looked six maybe younger and was crouching over something small and bloody. Cameron made a move to take a closer look at the boy. When i saw Holly and the others hiding behind "the box".

I knew instantly what and who the danger was. Cameron on the other hand did not.

                The boy spun around, blood on his face and disgusting black ooze covered his whole body. He smelt of rot and his limbs didn't look like they worked properly at all. Cameron was still unaware of the issue and went to put a hand on the boy's shoulder. I pulled him back, before the zombie had time to hurt him but that didn't mean we weren't still in danger.

               I pulled out my dagger from my front pocket and held it out infront of me. I studyed my opponent closely. He was small, probably my chest height. His left leg looked almost ripped off, he looked like he had killed people twice his size from the amount of blood that covered him.

              He advanced towards me. Making it easy er to determine his weak spot. If i stabbed him just under the groin, but still on the leg, ripping downwards I'd have a clear advantage of him being unable to move, giving me more hope at decapitation. Cameron let go of my arm and whimpered behind me. I was aware of him but i didn't take my eyes off my opponent. I flinched to the side a bit, trying to make the first move. All the boy was doing was standing there staring at me. If it wasn't for the fact i knew zombies had a lack of intelligence i would have sworn he was debating on whether or not he should leave.

             At my flinch he twitched his eye, like in a furious rage he couldn't tame. I sprang to my other side in a swift and graceful movemeant, making it fast and hard to see. The zombie boy looked at me and spat out a handful of oozy blood, grinding his teeth together. There was a momeant of silence, where the only thing you could hear was the sqwirming and sloshing of blood drooling down his mouth, making every second of standing there waiting for him to move a traumatic one.

           Finely he runs forward, grabbing my leg i couldn't get to his groin without cutting myself or getting hurt in the process. The zombie boy opened his mouth to take a bite at me. That would NOT have been a good thing. I shook my leg, trying to get him off. He didn't want to move, so getting my knife i cut at his hands making him let go quickly. I than tyred a chance at pinning him, using my weight to get him to stay still as i stabbed him. I got my knife in the spot i wanted and pulled. The zombie yelled out in pain as i did so, pulling harder and stronger i didn't stop until his leg had completely come off.

            It squirmed and squeeled beneath me. His teeth opening and closeing over and over again in blind rage, hoping to bite me. Getting the knife in his mouth, i watched him lock his mouth around it. His mouth bled all over my hands. I didn't think anything else of it as I plunged my dagger into his throat deeper and deeper.

         Cameron grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back. Still holding the dagger, as he did so, I ripped his throat out without the intention of doing that in the first place. It sqwirmed a little bit more for a bit and was silent as it finely went to rest on a bloody heap on the floor.