3.How's Life?

✘"Hearts are wild creatures; that's why our ribs are cages."✘

♚Jada♔

I was finally back in Beacon hill, and the first thing I did was go and get my work schedule and check out the place where I would be working.

"Hi, I'm Jada Beacon, and I just got the new nursing job," I said to a lady with brown curly hair.

"Oh yes, Miss Beacon, well, I'm Melissa McCall, head nurse, but you can call me Melissa if you want," Melissa said while shaking my hand.

She let go of my hand and started typing on the computer, then printed something. I looked around, checking out the hospital, and I can't believe it still looks the same except for a few upgrades.

"I guess you're here for your schedule, so I printed it out for and would you like a tour?" She asked.

I looked at her and shook my head yes. She walked around from behind the first desk, and I guess that was my cue to follow her.

"How are things?" She said, trying to make conversation.

"Please don't make me think about my life," I said.

"What's wrong, and if you don't mind me asking, are you related to Jalen Beacon?" She asked while continuing ahead of me.

"Started from the bottom, and I was somehow able to get lower, and yes, she's my mother," I said while Melissa came to a stop.

"Oh, you poor dear, I'm sorry for your loss. It must be hard to know you, the last living member of your family, but you seem like a brave girl, so I know you'll be strong," She said, hugging me while I stood there trying to figure out what she was talking about.

"Excuse me, what do you mean, last living member?" I asked her.

"Oh, sweetie, you don't know—oh God, your Jada, the one that ran away. I'm sorry, but your family was murdered in their home almost a year ago, and I feel awful to be the one to tell you this," she said while I looked at her as if she grew an extra head. 

I couldn't believe it, my whole family was dead, and I wasn't here to die with them or at least spend time with them before their deaths.

"This is crazy. My family was the main reason I came back, and now they're dead," I said, starting to cry.

Melissa pulled me into a tighter hug and whispered comforting words to me.

"Honey, everything will be okay, and you'll be strong for your family, and I think they're happy that you're back sweetheart," She said, trying to cheer me up.

"I hope so," I said while pulling back from Melissa.

I went to stand up, but I got knocked over by two boys who are now standing in front of Melissa, and I'm guessing the boy with an uneven jaw is her son by the way he keeps calling her mom.

"Mom, can I use the car tonight?" Melissa's son asked.

"Scott, Stiles, you guys drop this poor girl on the floor, and why?" Melissa asked him while helping me up.

"The floor looked like it needed a hug," A boy with brown eyes and moles said.

"I'm sorry, this is my son Scott and his hyperactive best friend Stiles," Melissa told me while hitting stiles on the back of the head. I laughed at the face stiles made.

"Oh yeah, then maybe you should be hugging the floor then," I said, giving him a fake smile.

"Sorry about that, but mom, I need your car, so please," Scott said.

"Then how will I get home, Scott? " Melissa said.

"I'll drop you home if you like. He seems to need the car so that it wouldn't be a problem," I said, trying to be a mediator.

"No, honey, that's not necessary; he does this all the time," she said.

I looked at her like he came here all the time, knocking people to the floor to ask for car keys. What's this hospital injury policy?

"Melissa, it's no problem. Besides, on my schedule, I'm supposed to start today, and who is Peter Hale? " I said while looking at my schedule.

"His whole family we're in a fire, but they died, and he was the only one who survived the fire besides two other family members who have disappeared, but he is in a non-responsive state so that he will be a handful," Melissa said. At the same time, Scott and Stiles looked like they knew something, but I shrugged it off.

"Well, can you show me his room? I want to introduce myself to him," I said.

Melissa handed her keys to Scott and told me to follow her. We walked down the hall to this room which gave me this weird vibe, but I ignored it, and Melissa told me to open the door and walk-in. I thanked her and walked inside to see this my man with badly burned skin on one half of his face in a wheelchair just staring. I was right. This room is creepy, and so is he, like he didn't even blink.

"Hello, I'm Jada Beacon, and I'll be your daytime nurse, so I know your name is Peter, so blink twice for yes and once for no, " I told him, and I got nothing out of him.

Well, this is not what I signed up for. I went to sit in front of him and decided I would tell him about myself.

"I'm twenty-seven years old, and I ran away when I was younger, and I recently came back because I thought it was time to be with my family again, but I was told today that they're all dead. I'm not the person I used to be. I admit a lot of shit got to me. Food makes me happy. I don't need people in my life who disagree that leftover Dominoes is an appropriate breakfast choice. I dislike when being asked to choose sides; I wanna get along with everybody." I said, still trying to see if he would respond to tell me to shut up, but I guess not, so I decided to continue.

"I hate when interviewers ask me, 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?' Come on, man. I don't have 2020 vision. Royal Blue Velvet cake are my favorite." I said, stopping to stare at him because I could've sworn I saw him twitch, but whatever, I finally stopped realizing it was pointless, so I got up, told him I would see him tomorrow, and left. But before bumping into a sour-looking Greek God dude at the door. 

I said excuse me and left. Today was totally how's life doing you type of day.

My family is gone.