24.Healing hands

"A hunter is watching us, so I'm going to kiss you," Peter said, leaning in, which automatically made me lean into him.

We were leaning in and kissing. It was the best kiss I ever had, and I craved more. I heard a gun click then I saw the hunter looking at me, which made me roll my eyes.

"Step away from him." He growled at me.

I looked at Peter before I could do anything. He shot him in the shoulder then looked at me.

"Jump!" He shouted, grabbing my hand.

I jumped into the cold water with him.

We swam a reasonable distance from the building of the bridge, looking for land. Peter grabbed me by the waist, pulling me in the direction of land.

We climbed out of the water onto land. I've never been so confused; why did he shoot Peter, and why isn't he healing?

"Damn, it's a wolfsbane bullet. I need something to get it out." He said.

"Umm, why are your veins turning black, and I can't tell if you're sweating and breathing hard or you're just wet?" I asked.

"It shouldn't be working this fast." He said.

And that's when I heard nemeta's voice in my head.

Jada, you need to heal him.

Why, what's wrong with him? And how am I supposed to heal him?

The wolfsbane could kill, and it's already spreading. Just remove the bullet and place your hand over the wound and repeat this chant. "I pray; cleanse me and give me strength. Heal me and give me strength. Nourish me and give me strength. Comfort me and give me strength. Blessed Be....."

Okay.

Good Luck, Beacon.

"Jada, Are you listening?" Peter asked.

"Yes, can you take out the bullet?" I asked.

He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Stop looking at me like that; just take out the damn bullet," I said.

He did as I said and removed the bullet from his wound.

"Shit. Fuck." He yelled.

"When we get home, you need to add money to the swear jar. You need to learn to stop swearing." I said.

I placed my hands over the wound and took a deep breath, and closed my eyes to focus on his injury is healed. I started saying the chant.

"I pray; cleanse me and give me strength. Heal me and give me strength. Nourish me and give me strength. Comfort me and give me strength. Blessed Be....." I chanted as my hair began to turn white while her hands glowed a bright green light.

After I said the chant, the dark veins disappeared, and I opened my eyes to see Peter staring at me. I couldn't help but blush at the way he stared at me.

"You can heal?" He asked.

"Yes, isn't it cool?" I replied.

"It's amazing." He said.

I looked at where his wound used to be, and it looked like it had never happened. Thank you, Nemeta.

"Let's go, home." He said.

"Do you think that hunter is going to come back?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, he's coming back." He answered.