"I'll make you forget."

Justin’s Point of View:

“Rise and shine sweetheart,” A soft grin placed across my lips as Kelsey began to flutter her eyes open, a small yawn escaping through her parted lips as she stretched as far as her body would let her.

“Morning,” She whispered, looking up at me with a self-conscious smile that tugged at my heart strings. Sitting up, Kelsey hugged the blanket to her chest.

Reaching over, I brushed the hair that fell in front of her face back behind her ear, stroking her cheek with the padding of my thumb. “How’re you feeling baby?”

“Mmm,” She shrugged, “I’m okay… for the most part but my body’s really sore.” Her bottom lip pouted slightly but the look of self-disappointment in her eyes told me otherwise.

Running a hand up her arm, I gently massaged her shoulder. “It’s probably from the explosion, Bruce told me you guys jumped out at the last second” I cleared my throat, scratching the back of my head. “But don’t worry because we’ll take care of it.”

“What do you mean?” Kelsey narrowed her eyes knowingly.

“It’s not what you think,” I reassured, ignoring the images of Spencer’s burning body from my head, “It’s quite the opposite actually.” I grinned.

Kelsey calmed though she sat a still dubious towards me. “Why do I have a bad feeling about this?”

“Does going on vacation seem like a bad thing babe,” I sighed, “I mean really?”

Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, Kelsey raised an eyebrow. “Vacation?” She questioned as if tasting the foreign word on her lips. “What are you talking about?”

“Bruce and I have decided it’s time we get the hell out of Stratford to relax for a bit. We have a plane leaving to Barbados in about an hour.”

“We’re going on vacation… in an hour!?” Kelsey screeched, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Throwing the covers off of her, she stumbled on her feet. “Justin, I still have to pack!”

Fighting the urge to laugh, I bit my lip turning my body towards her. “Don’t worry about it baby, Carly already helped me pack for you.”

Kelsey opened her mouth to say something else but decided against it as she pressed her lips together. “She did?” Looking around as she spotted the suitcases in the corner of the room, her lips curved up. “When did you guys do this?”

I shrugged, “About an hour ago.”

She crossed her arms against her chest. “And you didn’t think to wake me up?”

“You were sleeping; I didn’t want to wake you up besides Risi was already making breakfast when I asked her to help choose whatever it is you girls need. I also called in a few favors over in Barbados; you’ll have a batch of new clothes waiting on your arrival.”

Biting her lip, Kelsey fumbled on her feet, playing with the string that held her robe together.

“Come here,” I held my hand out for her to take. Watching as she hesitated for a moment, Kelsey caught my gaze and slowly made her way over to me, grabbing my hand along the way.

Pulling her so that she stood in between my legs, I interlaced our fingers together, holding her waist with the other. Peering up at her through my lashes, I licked my lips. “I’m doing this for us, for you.”

Leaning into me, Kelsey let her head drop so that our foreheads pressed together as her free hand cupped my cheek. “You do enough for me as it is,” She whispered against my lips. “Thank you.”