Epilogue

In the words of Mayday Parade, "Happy endings are stories that haven't ended yet."

I thought I had got my ending when I was in Dean's arms, but that was not the case.

Eventually I was able to get over the heartbreak of losing Dean. You see, the world doesn't stop for you to pull yourself together. Time doesn't wait for you to get over a broken heart.

I never found out what the truth was behind him breaking up with me. Deep down I hoped for some big story like he was threatened to stay away from me or he wanted to protect me. But the annoying voice in my head told me how unlikely that was.

The story of Dean and I was not some Nicholas Sparks fiction, it was my life.

I came to the realisation that life is more than some boy. It's about the friendships you we able to keep, the love of your family and the little things you are blessed with.

"Cruise."

At the sound of my last name I looked up to a familiar pair of blue eyes. Dylan smiled at me, his arm securely around my Hunter. Their relationship was thriving and it made me happy to see them so deeply in love.

It hurt my heart a little though, because constantly my mind was bombarded with thoughts of how that should have been Dean and I.

"You've been staring off into space with a weird smirk." He continued, causing me to giggle slightly.

"I was just thinking of how lucky I am to be alive." I smiled, genuinely.

"Okay... Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?" Alex raised an eyebrow as she bit into her apple.

I gently hit the blonde. Causing my tight group of friends to laugh.

Alex continued to eat her apple. Casey began to fret over his art history homework and Hunter looked lovingly at Dylan.

My group of weirdos was all I needed.

I began looking absentmindedly around the cafeteria. A goofy grin was on my face, but it instantly dropped as my eyes locked with a familiar pair of hazel eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I decided to make the ending a little open ;) #youneverknow

So that brings us to a conclusion conclusion. Please remember to vote/comment and my next update on this will be a preview of my new story...

The working title for it is 'Whole' and it circles around Harper and Jacob, two teens who meet in a hospital, but don't worry it's not like TFIOS, they're both visiting someone when they meet ;) x