Chapter 19

They were all standing by a water drain when Alexis heard something. It sounded like a baby crying. She walked closer to the drain and got on her knees. Lydia did the same.

"What? What do you guys hear?" Stiles asked as he walked over to them.

"A baby." Lydia said. Alexis heard the baby crying and then water running. And then a woman's voice.

"Its time to go to sleep." The woman said. Alexis bolted up.

"She's drowning the baby!" She said frantically. "Someone's drowning." Alexis said as she rushed off towards the sound of running water. Lydia and Stiles were right behind her.

"Wait, you can here what Lydia does?" Stiles asked as they rushed up the stairs to the upper level room's at the motel. Alexis nodded and ran for the room the noise was coming from. She ran inside and to the bathroom. Boyd laid under water with a safe on his chest. Lydia gasped as Alexis went for grab for the safe. She almost had it but the water made it slip out of her grasp. "Something's blocked the drain, it won't unplug." Stiles said as he got up and walked backwards away from the bathtub. He hissed when his arm touched the heater on the wall. Alexis realised something, heat brought them back!

"That's it!" She exclaimed as she stood up. "Stiles, a heater brought Ethan back to reality back in that room, heat brings them back." She explained.

"If you haven't noticed, he's under water!" Lydia snapped.

"There are flares on the bus, they work under water, Stiles, go get them!" Alexis said quickly as she went to go try and pick up the safe again. She still hadn't gotten it by the time Stiles rushed back into the room. Alexis went back into the main part of the room with Lydia to get the flare.

"Light it!" Lydia snapped as Stiles was trying to light the flare.

"I'm trying." Stiles said with a glare. Once he got it lit he went back into the bathroom and shoved the flare into the water and touched Boyd's arm with it. Boyd shot out of the water completely shifted and roared. The safe that had been on top of him was now on the floor across the bathroom.

"Looks like you'll have to do it to Isaac too." Allison said from the doorway of the room.

"Did you find Scott?" Stiles asked. She shook her head and pointed to the bed closest to the door.

"I think he crawled under there." She said. Stiles nodded and got on his knees beside the bed. He lifted the blanket that was hanging over the side of the bed and reached under with the flare. A few seconds later Isaac shot out from under the bed.

"Alright, now let's find Scott." Alexis said as she walked out of the room. They all followed. Alexis spotted Scott near the bus with a flare in his hand. He looked to be standing in a puddle of water until she noticed the empty gasoline can a few feet away from him. She took off running. "SCOTT, NO!" she screamed as she made her way down the stairs and out into the parking lot. Stiles was hot on her heals.

"Scott... you don't have to do this." Stiles said softly as he took a step foward. Scott looked up at him with tears running down his face. Scott looked at all of them before dropping the flare into the gasoline puddle.

"NO!" Alexis screamed.