Chapter 33- Trees of Life

-Rob's POV-
In front of me is the most beautiful scene I've ever seen in my life. Two gigantic trees, bright yellow and orange for the upcoming fall. There are little nameplates at the foot of each tree- just as Sky said. One of the trees has my last name on the plate, and the other holds Brice's last name. Sky leads me through.
Behind these, are two smaller trees. One is a little more than half the size of the two up front, and the last one... well... It's very small. Triple my height, and I can see clear over it. It's about 15 feet high. The third one... It has Barn on the plate- Vikk's tree.
It's a very tall tree, and Sky looks up at the top. "It still hasn't grown one bit. Still 35 feet. It hasn't changed in... 6 years. And meanwhile, it should be 9 feet taller." "Nine? Why nine?" "It grows three for a birth, then one ever year proceeding. Three, plus the six years. That's nine feet that should've grown, but haven't." "Oh... Okay." I didn't quite understand the topic entirely, so I just listened and learned as we went. It works for me.
Sky teleports is back to the horses, and we get on. The horses travel slower at first, to help build their energy. The second we feel them pull on us, we let them go. We bolt through the plains, and when we come up to the Flower castle near sunrise, I notice the gates had been shut. I rein in Bianca before she runs into it.
Sky pulls his horse hard, and the horse sits like a dog. Sky purposely slides off the rear end of his horse, and goes to the stallion's head. He tugs on the horse's bridle, and he stands up, graciously keeping his balance. "Rob, we gotta get through this gate. Hold onto your horse, and me." I do so, and I teleport in past the gates.
When Sky appears next to me, Bianca shivers violently beneath me. I bend over her, and rub her neck. I speak softly to her, "What's a matter? You okay, B?" Just as Sky turns, I see the glow of yellow is gone, and Sky's glasses are outside of the gate in the hands of someone I hate to see. It's Herobrine.
Sky's eyes have lost their color and glow already, and he's looking around frantically. He can't see, and so he doesn't know where I am. As I watch Herobrine, he flips the glasses back and forth, then sees fit to snap them in half, then in half again. Sky freezes when he hears this, and Herobrine tosses the four pieces through the gaps in the gates. And he disappears into the dawn light.
But the message was clear. You defy me, you suffer the consequences. I grabbed Sky's jacket, and held him in place. "Sky. You're okay, man. But we'll have an issue the second you start to move. He snapped your glasses into 4 bits. They're useless now."
I slip off of Bianca, and the horses instinctively head for the stables. I lead Sky inside, to the room he's been in. I help him around, and he falls asleep. I head back to my room, and pass out there. Tomorrow is another day.

-Brice's POV-
I had woken a while ago, but I got my arm trapped by Seto. It's under him, and he's still asleep. I can't easily move it, because Seto's 120 pounds. He's not light, so if I try to pull my arm, it'll hurt. So I've laid here for a while.
Seto finally wakes up, and I can pull my arm out from under him as he sits up. He turns to me, and readjusts his headband, and pulls on his cloak, throwing his hood over his face. He pulls me to my feet, and walks with me to the main hall for breakfast. Everyone is awake, and milling around. But I notice something off.
Sky. His glasses are off, and there isn't a glow of yellow. They're pure white, but not a glowing white, just milky- blindness. He's glancing about, marking where people are by ear. "Sky! What happened?" "Brice? Oh! Umm... About this... I've always been like this."
"What?! How've we never noticed?" "The glow. It disguises. But now my glasses are destroyed, and I can't see anything. The glow is gone for some reason. I don't know why."
Sky is half looking at me, and half not. He's trying to hear me, so he has to substitute his lost eyesight with his hearing ability. I don't know how this happened, but I wasn't gonna get into it with him.

-Sky's POV-
I'd given up with the research the second I felt my glasses torn off my face. In the speed of the teleport, I felt my glasses held by the arm, and as I teleported, they were ripped clear away from my face. I had stood there, totally confused, while my dad destroyed my only way of seeing. But now I'm sitting in the midst of lively teens and kids, and I can't see where they are. It feels so awkward.
I heard Seto, meaning Brice wasn't far. But Brice had approached me and asked what happened, and I sorta froze for a millisecond. I don't know what I look like without my glasses and the glow... Maybe it's bad. I have no damn idea of what I look like to them.
Rob is trying his best to keep me on track, but I don't know why he tries. I just need to find my own way. Without my sight, I can't keep track of everyone if I need to. And if I can't do that, then someone isolated with me, can be taken in silence without me knowing. But as night falls, I hear Ty and Anthony wake up as they stumble up the staircase below me. One of them comes up to my room. He sits down on my floor, because I can hear the wood beams groan under him.
I can hear the softened whispering voice of Ty. "What happened to you? You... changed so quickly. I just wish I knew so I could help." He apparently thinks I'm asleep, but I'm turned to the wall, so he can't see that I'm awake. I wish he could help, but my issue can't be solved. It's permanent.
But that's not even the problem he's trying to address. He's trying to figure out my behavior lately. I've been more touchy, and spastic with my movements. It's a very deep thing, but it's only because of all the tragedy and loss I've felt in my life. I'd always been withdrawn from it, not reacting quite the correct way- I've never felt any of it.
But now it's caught up to me, and I realize how much loss there truly is, all the sorrow that I've kept locked away. It's thrown me into a pit, one I can't get out of. I've been locked in with my worst memories, and all the darker feelings I'd locked up long ago as a child. Sorrow, Sadness, Fury, Depression, and Loss. I always hated feeling these things, so I locked them away where they wouldn't be able to get me, but clearly it wasn't far enough.
I never understood these feelings, so I didn't want to deal with them. Now Ty's here, and he wants to help. But he doesn't know how. I've kept myself locked off from him, so he's confused on how I'd react to him anymore. And he doesn't know what's causing my behavior.
Just to help him, I turn over, to show him I'm awake. "Sky! I didn't know you were awake... Sorry if I barged in." "No. You're fine, Ty. It's me who should apologize. I've kept myself isolated from you, and it's wrong of me to do so." "I- I just wanted to know how I could help. I'm so confused. You don't give clues or anything." "And I'm sorry for that, Ty."
Suddenly, as I listen, Ty gasps, and pops to his feet. He starts pacing, and I have to ask. "What's going on Ty. Ty? Hello?" "Sky- I... Leave now." It sounded like him, but there was a second voice, undermining Ty's. It was creepy.
I heard Ty lunge forward, and Anthony bolting up the steps. Just as I felt a gust of wind from Ty's wing hit my face, I heard Anthony collide with Ty, and Ty crying out, straining against his twin. "LET GO OF ME. NOW!" "No! Leave Sky be! He doesn't need this! He's already at a disadvantage! LEAVE HIM BE!" Ty raged against Anthony, and I sat there, frozen in fear.
Anthony screamed, "Why must you do this, Tyler!? I can't keep you restrained!" "THEN LET GO!" "And let you kill him?! NEVER!" "ANTHONY!!!" "NO!"
Ty continued to rage, and I could hear Anthony growing tired. "Stop this, Tyler. Stop now. Or you know the consequences." "Agh! Anthony! I don't care about your damn consequences! Let GO!" I hear Anthony wrestle Ty to the floor, a crack, and Ty cry out in sudden pain. "You forced me to."
"Anthony? What did you do?" "When one of us misbehaves- such as going crazy on the spot, the dragon gave the other permission to snap the other out of it by snapping a wing. It works quite well, especially for Tyler. He never handled pain as well.
It's something to... subdue the madness. It's a very unique technique, but it works for us. I can get him healed in no time. Don't worry. He'll be fine."
I feel a hand on my shoulder, and assume it's Anthony's. "Man, thanks. I am at a disadvantage. I hate it, but I am." "No problem. He's gonna be awake in a few moments. It takes his body longer than most to respond correctly to pain. I don't know why."
Anthony and I talk while Ty readjusts to the pain. He cries out several times from too much. "Tyler. You're fine. Remember my wings?" "Y-yah." "What about them?" "Oh! They'd be broken in several places at once. Both of them because one would be too clogged for more."
"Clogged? You mean you'd go crazy a lot?" "Uh... Yah, actually..." Now, for some reason, I'm starting to feel hostility come from Ty. He hasn't come closer since he woke up again. But Anthony has, and I think it's him, not Ty.
He just told me he'd go insane on a daily basis. And I can't see him. Suddenly, Ty's breathing quickens, and I hear him leave the room. I can also hear Anthony follow him. They both left.
I settle back into my bed. But that lasts all of 10 seconds. Soon enough, I can hear Ty crying out again, and an echoed crack throughout the stairwell. Ty is clearly struggling right now. But I don't know how to help.
I try to go down the stairs to see- more rather hear what's going on. I reach the main floor, and I'm attacked. Ty is nearly on top of me, and I react quickly. I teleport out of the stairwell, into the open floor. I don't know where I am, but I need to try to get Ty to relax.
I spread my hands out in front of me, and listen quietly. A scratch of a tail on the floor, the footsteps approaching. Just as the footsteps get too close, I teleport. Ty rages in frustration. And all I'm doing is listening. But that catches up to me, and I'm left with nothing.

-A/N-
Hi guys! Haven't talked to you in a while... I noticed the 1k on the reads/ views part... Jeez guys. Anyway, the uploads will be slower. School started back up and I'm struggling to keep up already. I hope you guys are all good! Love you guys.
                      ~Percabeth1Jackson