Chapter 6: Spilling some of the truth.

Ranger's mouth literally hangs open. Disbelief was so evident like bold letters written all over his face.

"How in the world did you even manage to tangle yourself with that kind of shit?" He said shaking his head.

I let his sarcasm slide because to be honest, I also didn't want to acknowledge the fact that this had been the longest sentence I heard from him since I appeared in his now overly systematic life.

"It was actually an arrangement between me and Eddie." I rushed on before he got the wrong idea.

"Tell me your side of the story." He said, hands on his hip.

This posture of him meant talk no shit and just lay all the facts on me now stance. Been seen it one too many in the past not to recognize it in a heartbeat.

I cleared my throat just for the effect and began my story from the very beginning because really, there was no other way but to go way down that freaking dark road I'd been meaning not to touch ever again in this lifetime.

Right, just like what I said about Ranger and looked at me now? Tsss!

"Okay!" I sighed.

"Some time ago, when the system turned her sassy ass on me, don't ask why, Eddie Mowalski came to my aid." I went on.

"He kind of adopted me and included me into his family. I knew it was a big mistake on my part, but as you already knew realization comes to me far too late than any normal person would have been. So, I married him on account of he needed a wife at that time, so the second in command on the Triad will stop pestering him to marry his daughter. Eddie, being paranoid and wise, he bought a wife for himself instead. And that's where I came into the picture. In the eyes of the underground community, we were very much married, but not in the real sense of the word. We're about to announce it officially on the Triad but something went wrong and someone just whacked my head unceremoniously and when I came around after the attacked, I saw Eddie lying on the floor next to me and was very much dead and you know what's the funniest part of it? The fucking gun has been just conveniently on my hand. Like, you know, it was bright as daylight that I was being framed, but who would fucking believe that shit? No one, that's who!!" I ranted.

"Personally, I just couldn't fathom where they'd got that damn idea from, when in fact, it didn't even crossed in my mind, not even once for fuck's sake. Because to be honest, I needed his fucking money and his security. Ha! It was nice to get that out on my fucking chest." I continued explaining and Ranger was just patiently listened to my rather long rant.

Ranger said nothing and just took my left hand and kissed the back of it to my surprise.

I gaped at him like an idiot. I wasn't really sure what to feel on that sweet gesture from Ranger, but I'd be damned if that simple touch didn't do, something terrible on my insides.

Ranger would be the death of me, I reckoned.

There was just something on him that I couldn't quite fathom that drew me near more than I should to him. It was like a magic spell that bound me and I just couldn't deny it. Fuck him!

Then, as always, Ranger just had to go and burst my bubbles, in style.

"Let's get you back to Miami." I heard him saying.

"No!!!" I squeaked out my objection rather too quickly.

I didn't mean to yell at him though, but I have my reasons not to go back. Not yet. That was why I was in Jersey in the first place.

Wasn't he even listening this whole damn time??

I huffed.

Once upon a time, Miami had been a home for me if anything. But life was so fucking weird and just had no fucking chill. I just silently did my thing in the far off corner of Alleyway Street in good 'ole Miami when fate had to put a joke on me.

Like seriously, being a fugitive was not even funny in the slightest. If anyone was listening, I would love to give him a piece of my mind.

Why the fuck me??

"Why not?" Ranger said, pulling me out on my trance.

"I have my reasons." I answered vaguely.

But Ranger was not having any of it. I could see it on his face even though he remained silent and focused all his attention on the road.

Neither did I know, Ranger was already fucking plotting 'sinister' things against me. I should've not under estimated this creep. How could I forget that he knew how hard headed I'd been and that he always came up with something, anything really, for me to follow anything he wanted?

Too late now for me to notice the syringe in his other hand and I was lost into oblivion before I took my next breath.

--->Edited 3.14.16