District 1 Reapings

Pov: Emerald White

I look at myself in the mirror transfixed. My beautiful blonde in hair curls, my silver dress accentuating my boobs and my butt, and my green earrings matching my moss green eyes. I look great and I know it. I walk down the stairs carefully in my green velvet heels and sit at the oak dining table sophisticatedly. My parents bring out a giant stack of pancakes, eggs and bacon, and a pitcher of orange juice. 

"Volunteer breakfast!" Says my mom excitedly

My whole family of victors devour the meal and then follow the tradition of chanting and whooping my name. It worked for my dad, brother, and sister and now its going to work for me because there's no way I'm not coming out alive. 

Pov: Roman Splendor

I wipe the sweat from my brow as I continue to slash at my targets. Eight down 2 ta go, I think to my self. I finish off my last  target with a devastating blow, and it shatters to pieces. I make my way to the training center showers to find my girlfriend already there stark naked.

"I figured you'd want to remember me while your in that arena." She purred, "I locked the doors." 

I stood there flabbergasted for a second, before undressing and jumping in with her. The next hour was ecstasy and bliss as our bodies intertwined and writhed beneath the steamy water. Our lips locked one more time before we exited the showers, got dressed, and made our way the the square. We walked gleefully down the streets hand in hand and didn't separate from each others warmth until we got to the check-in station. I walked to the 17 year old pen, like I was floating on air. 

"Yo wassup man, you look like your high or somethin', whats going on?" Said my best friend Hunter

I grinned at him and he gasped

"No way! You got laid by Sarah? Dude she is hot!"

I shot him a poisonous glare but I knew he was only joking. We laughed and joked until our escort finally decided to put her hand in the bowl of names. 

"Ladies first!" She squeaked as she pulled her hand from the bowl of names with a slip of paper between her fingers. "Lucy Caul-"

"I volunteer!" Says Emerald the top female trainee, "My name is Emerald White, and I am gorgeous--er I mean 18... Haha no I don't, I'm gorgeous!" She sat down batting her eyelashes.

"Alrighty very exciting very exciting indeed, now on to the boys!" She grabbed the slip at the very top and read aloud, "Ma-"

"I volunteer! I roar, stalking up to the stage. "My name is Roman Splendor and I am 17 years old, bitches!"

"Well I never!" Said Allesandra our escort. "Well, ignoring that rude comment, May the odds be ever in your favor!"