Friends and more

**Shashi's POV**

"Shashee! I want you to meet my niece, Evie, she is a student here," Sabrina's voice was big suddenly making me tore away from the stare.

"Hi!" Evie took my hand and shook it. I smiled at her. "My Aunt told me you dance well. It will be awesome to have you here in our group. You know I have started the class a year back, but you will pick up too! I will teach you."

"Evie, let her breath," the boy said smirking. "She looks confused with your drivelling!"

"Oh!" Evie admitted laughing lightly. "Sorry. He is Daniel, my boyfriend." She gestured towards the boy. I smiled inwardly. What are the chances! Why he has to have a girlfriend! Then again I scolded myself, he was still a stranger, and I should not care about his relationships status.

"We have met before, haven't we? Shaashee?" he teased pronouncing my name as he had done before.

I acknowledged his question only nodding slightly and then turned to Sabrina and Donna. I thought it was probably best if I ignore his presence. I could know his eyes following me as Sabrina led me to the middle of the large rectangular hall with full wall mirrors. Few dancers practised some routine, and their bodies flowed in synchronisation to make an actual live art. A small voice in my head asked would I be able to pull off those steps. But I thought there was no harm in trying. I breathed in and watched Sabrina as she danced in the slow beat music, her expression was conveying the song with whole emotions, and she pirouetted skillfully using the ample space.

When she finished, there was an undoubted appreciation from the other dancers. She signalled to me to take the space, my heart was hammering against my chest, as I felt curious glances from the dancers and especially Daniel. He had crossed his arms leaning on one of the walls as he stood watching me.

I gulped. Did I want to dance? The inner me was nodding her head furiously; she was eager to get out of the closed wall and express herself. But nervousness was building up in me as the music already started. The singer was asking her lover to not to leave her, with building her tempo along with her emotions. I closed my eyes and imagined space was empty and nobody was there to see. And it helped, I started moving my body, freeing my soul and got lost in the movements.

When the music finished, I opened my eyes tentatively. There was uncertain silence followed by a few claps. A spontaneous smiled appeared on my face. Donna, Evie and Daniel clapped more loudly. I could see in the surprise in his eyes.

"With few touch ups, she will fit in here. Perhaps get accepted to the undergrad program." Donna addressed to Sabrina.

Evie was by my side in an instant. "You are so beautiful when you dance. Where did you learn contemporary?"

She was as surprised as Sabrina when I told her about my background briefly. Daniel listened intently. Why was that making me zealous?

"Evie, I will need Shashi and Sabrina to my office." Donna hinted Evie to stop the chatting. "Daniel, it was nice meeting you again. I believe you have other engagements?"

"No. Miss Donna. I am very much enjoying the light conversations and dancing," he glanced at me just a bit. "Especially dancing!"

"Seriously?" Evie taunted. "I thought you didn't want to come up."

"Thank god I came. Or I wouldn't have met Sabrina. It was indeed a long time since we met. But I will take the leave." He said still occasionally stealing glances at me. I felt uncalled disappointment as he left.

Donna took Sabrina and me to her office, giving me a brief about the beginner's classes. But I felt the fees were too much, especially when I was thinking of doing this without my parents' knowledge. It was easy to spend two hours here every day, as classes in the new school were an irregular schedule. They don't need to know my pastime. But the fees made me say no. Sabrina interrupted saying that she will support me, in the bargain, I would be helping her in her document work. That was perfect.